Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Active Thunder
So how about some paint?!?!?!?!? >

So how about some paint?!?!?!?!?

Notices

So how about some paint?!?!?!?!?

Old 07-19-2006, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: So how about some paint?!?!?!?!?

Originally Posted by JBYRD65
Count me in for the demo ride. First round at the Regatta is on me.Make it first two rounds. It would be money well spent.
Jay, we might be down that way on the 29th or 30th. Dropping in in Somerset and probably headed to Newport, RI. I'll keep you posted.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Re: So how about some paint?!?!?!?!?

Sure thing. I am working both days but I will be out and about after work on my boat. I picked up a 27 Profile to hold me over for the summer. I couldn't find a AT 32 that I really liked with the right power and I couldn't go another season without a boat. The Profile is a real clean fresh water boat with nice graphics and is actually a really nice boat. I just can't get over my love for AT boats (yours is an absolute gem). I will probably put this boat up for sale at the end of the season and keep my eyes open for a 32 for next summer.We'll see what happens.I will PM you with my cell number so if you do come down you can give me a call and we can hook up on the water somewhere.I don't know if you know a about a restaurant and bar they put along the water in Tiverton called the Boathouse Restaurant.They have a huge dock and a really nice outdoor atmosphere and food.The bartender I know there makes a kickass frozen strawberry margarita.Two drinks before dinner and your good to go.If you are heading toward Newport you hook a left just before the Mt Hope bridge toward the Sakonnet river bridge.The Boathouse is on your left about a 1/4 mile before the bridge just look for the pier and the dock is attached to the pier.Check it out if you haven't yet.A nighttime cruise to Providence is always the bomb also.God I love summer!!!

Talk to you soon,

Jay
Old 07-20-2006, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JBYRD65
Sure thing. I am working both days but I will be out and about after work on my boat. I picked up a 27 Profile to hold me over for the summer. I couldn't find a AT 32 that I really liked with the right power and I couldn't go another season without a boat. The Profile is a real clean fresh water boat with nice graphics and is actually a really nice boat. I just can't get over my love for AT boats (yours is an absolute gem). I will probably put this boat up for sale at the end of the season and keep my eyes open for a 32 for next summer.We'll see what happens.I will PM you with my cell number so if you do come down you can give me a call and we can hook up on the water somewhere.I don't know if you know a about a restaurant and bar they put along the water in Tiverton called the Boathouse Restaurant.They have a huge dock and a really nice outdoor atmosphere and food.The bartender I know there makes a kickass frozen strawberry margarita.Two drinks before dinner and your good to go.If you are heading toward Newport you hook a left just before the Mt Hope bridge toward the Sakonnet river bridge.The Boathouse is on your left about a 1/4 mile before the bridge just look for the pier and the dock is attached to the pier.Check it out if you haven't yet.A nighttime cruise to Providence is always the bomb also.God I love summer!!!

Talk to you soon,

Jay
Thanks for the info on the Boathouse Rest. Jay. I haven't been down there yet this year. Our favorite place to go is Christy's in Newport for lobster rolls. I hear Christy's is closing this year though, so we needed a new spot.

Steve
Old 07-20-2006, 03:31 PM
Registered

Jay lets see the Profile. pics please. I used to have one a 1995, it was the biggest P.O.S. I have ever had as far as the build quality and how it stayed togeather. handled real good took the rough great big cabin just fell apart. hope you got it cheap and you don't have the trouble I had. post pics good luck
Old 07-20-2006, 07:11 PM
Registered

I will try to get some pics up asap.The boat is certainly no Active Thunder but it will do the trick for this season. The boat is a 1996 that I bought from the original owner in New York.The boat was on Oneida lake it's whole life with an occassional road trip here and there.It it powered by a 454MAG carb motor which is the same power my 25 AT had. I really loved that 25 but the summer before last I sold it to kid who uses it on the lakes in NH. My mother was very ill and I wasn't using the boat so I let it go. Boating was the last thing on my mind at the time. Unfortunately,she lost her battle with cancer that winter at a very young 62 years.It took me a whole year to get over it and get back to boating.I am sure there are plenty of people out there who have been through the same thing and know the pain(sorry don't mean to bring down the post with my sorrows). Anyway, I am back and ready to mix it up in the bay. I really like your boat also. I watched all the photos when it was being built.Nice piece.The 28 is a great boat and feels much bigger than 28'.You should head down our way for a weekend and get together with me and Steve.I believe you are in New York also so it's not that far.The Profile is actually holding up very well and is in excellent condition inside and out.Just a few minor things I have to fix but all in all it is a very nice boat with a very roomy cabin for a 27.I was not looking for a Profile at all but I happened to stumble across this one. I am never satisfied so a 32 AT is just around the corner. Just need to find the right one with the right power and colors.Anyway,I will get those photos up as soon as I can.

Take care,

Jay
Old 07-21-2006, 07:58 AM
Registered

Jay . I know the boat, it has a purple stripe. that boat was the last of the profiles to be sold up here after all the BS with the others 3 26's 4 27's 2 29's 1 31 1 37. the orig owner sold it once and bought it back 2 years later. you are right that one was not used very much and has low hours. I think it also has the big bed which was done because of me and one of the guys that got a 29. I know it was for sale for some time and the price was good maybe you did a little better. the boat will be great in rough water just don't go jumping it to much. and keep an eye on the cabin door and the cockpit floor. they really are a great looking boat old school. good luck with it.
Old 07-21-2006, 04:22 PM
Registered

Yes, it has a purple stripe.The cabin door is one of the little things I have to take care of.The screw backed out of one of the track slides.I haven't had time to address it yet but it should be an easy fix.I lost one of the screws to the windscreen also so I have to replace that.I tightened all the other screws down so I should be golden for now.I'm curious,what types of problems did they have with the other Profiles that were sold?just quality control problems? Like I said before,I don't plan on keeping the boat for too long anyway, but It would be nice to know what to keep an eye out for.I like the boat, but I like the layout and seating position of the Actives much better as well as the freeboard.It sure beats standing on the dock though, and I am not embarrassed to pull up in it. I have had a lot of positive response from people who have seen the boat, and gone for a ride.Anyway,I appreciate all the info so far.I hope the weathers great this weekend so you can get out on the water.How do like the boat so far?After seeing Steve's boat I think it's safe to say we all want 33's now.I can't wait to see it in person.I have to close up the dealership now and get the hell out of here.

Take care and have a great weekend!!

Jay