Death of Runnin Hot

Notices

Death of Runnin Hot

Old 07-02-2006, 10:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 38 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Death of Runnin Hot

Last night my parents business caught on fire and my Active Thunder was inside.
Attached Thumbnails Death of Runnin Hot-runnin-hot-0055.jpg   Death of Runnin Hot-runnin-hot-0077.jpg   Death of Runnin Hot-runnin-hot-0088.jpg  

Old 07-03-2006, 12:13 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts
Default Re: Death of Runnin Hot

OMG! VERY VERY VERY sorry to learn of this. You just got it perfected.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:39 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's terrible !!! What happened??? I always loved that boat. I remember when it was first built. A past friend of mine owned it for several years. I liked it so much, that I started building another one just like it. Before it was finished, Bob Oetringer went belly up, and I never seen the boat again. Lost alot of $$$$$ on that deal with Bob O.
Did it still have the SSM IV's on it? Was it a 89 or a 90? It was built in 89.

Frank
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 07-03-2006, 06:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 38 Likes on 7 Posts

After having the boat for 4 years we finally got the thing running good and then this happens. The vin. on the boat said its a 90 and we still had the ssm IV and 1000hp's. No one got hurt that's the most important thing. They don't know what started it yet. The plugs were in and now there is about 4 to 5 inches of water on the cockpit floor. Was this one of the first 32 at built?
Old 07-03-2006, 07:54 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry for your loss. runnun hot was an awesome boat.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to hear that, it was a sharp boat. I have pictures of it at Bobs shop and at Thunder Marines Poker Runs in the early 90's. Also have sales brochure from 1989 with Runnin Hot on it. Bob built me a 24 in 90/91 and I still have it. I think Bob built 2 or 3 before Runnin Hot, not sure though. Runnin Hot was a good name for it.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:04 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That boat was Ausome!!!!saw it several times in the 90's running with Kaama's ride in and out of SouthHaven and Saugatuck sorry to hear of its demise.....to damn bad.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

I will never forget that boat! It's a killer running machine and I was so impressed with it that I bought a 32' Active Thunder when I had the chance.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:39 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know that there were a couple built before that one. One was a yellow one that had the name "MIAX" It stood for the owners names of his 2 sons Mike and Ajax. When Harris had Bob build this boat, he wanted a "one of a kind" show boat. There was alot of $$$ sunk into that boat to get it in the condition that it was in.
What kind of speeds did you see out of it? and what did you need to get straightened out? I remember the previous owner wanted to sell it cause he said that everytime he took it out, it came back broken, and he was tired of fixing everything.
I tried buying a extra set of props that he had for it but he said they will go with the boat. That was the landscaper guy from New Lenox Ill.
Can you post a few pics of the boat before the fire? and maybe a few of under the hatches? Did you still run the boxes on the ssm IV's? Does it still have the Stelling exhaust on it? If it does, those might be the same ones that the original owner "Harris" stole from me. That's another story, go to the Chicago Powerboat Club section, and there's a thread about the loss of your boat. I kinda explained about what an azzhole the original owner was. (still is)
I don't know who you are, but I feel real bad for you cause that was a "one of a kind" boat. I hope that you had good insurance on it. Sad thing is that nomatter what it was insured for, they'll never be able to replace what you had.

Frank
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 07-03-2006, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats soooo sad, like said above no insurance in the world can replace that boat. good luck

Quick Reply: Death of Runnin Hot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.