Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Active Thunder
I had no idea.... (Chicago Poker Run recap) >

I had no idea.... (Chicago Poker Run recap)

Notices

I had no idea.... (Chicago Poker Run recap)

Old 07-24-2006, 06:10 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 515 Posts
Default I had no idea.... (Chicago Poker Run recap)

... how well my boat could perform.

Consistant 4-6 foot true washing machine slop with the occaisional 8-10 foot hole. NO JOKE! Ask anyone out there. I ran the boat through 34 miles of this in the morning, and through another 50 miles of consistant 3-5s with 6-8 foot holes in the afternoon.

MONSOON performed FLAWLESSLY. I will admit to being a little intimidated, but I did not tow 800 miles to sit on the trailer. The boat is solid like a Mo-Fo. I am not going to bash or claim that I could outrun any other boats, but I will say that I had no problem running hard when I wanted to, and I passed quite a few boats when I was hard on it. If you look at the picture threads, just about everyone had their tabs down. I never moved mine from neutral, and I kept the drives straight neutral the whole time. After seeing some of the video at the banquet, I probably could have trimmed the drives out a bit more.

Here are two pics from the afternoon leg (thank you Candyman):
Attached Thumbnails I had no idea.... (Chicago Poker Run recap)-37at1.jpg   I had no idea.... (Chicago Poker Run recap)-37at2.jpg  
Old 07-24-2006, 06:42 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I had no idea.... (Chicago Poker Run recap)

Looking Good Sydwayz!!! :d
Old 07-24-2006, 06:55 AM
Registered

I was in Northwest Indiana at the dunes state park for a couple hours Saturday afternoon, it was rough, they closed the beach for swimming. Saw one big cat out playing, only boat I saw. It was cool he was a mile or so out and you would see him them he would dissapear under the water then pop back up. Looked to be a red and white??.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:30 AM
Registered

did you ever doubt the boat could handle it after all its an active........

glad to hear you had a great time and the runs great
Old 07-24-2006, 08:11 AM
Registered

Look'n good! And you HAD doubt's? What would Pat say?

Last edited by cosmic12; 07-24-2006 at 01:51 PM.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:42 AM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Has your fathers' nuckles turned back to their original color from WHITE yet?
Old 07-24-2006, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 162 Likes on 63 Posts

I had the privilage of riding along with Brian on the morning leg of the run and man was I impressed.
Rich his nuckles were fine but he did lose his voice. It looked to me like he was having more fun than we were.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's no fun if it's not 2 to 4's and 4 to 6's. These boats shine in that kind of water. Brian, you gotta get outta that river!

Used to run the 28 in 6 to 8's in Rhode Island sound. Trimmed neutral with tabs all the way down and she was rock steady and that's the 28! Can't wait to get the 33 out there this coming weekend. We had very flat sticky water in NH last weekend and had disappointing speed runs as a result. Not too mention the bow riders trying to cross my bow at 80+ speeds.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:55 PM
Registered

Sdywayz,

That is one impressive boat. Nice running shots.

BoatFreak28,

Thanks for the ride in the AT, that is one impressive true offshore machine. No question about that has to be one of the best riding 28's build peroid!
Old 07-24-2006, 10:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
... how well my boat could perform.

Consistant 4-6 foot true washing machine slop with the occaisional 8-10 foot hole. NO JOKE! Ask anyone out there. I ran the boat through 34 miles of this in the morning, and through another 50 miles of consistant 3-5s with 6-8 foot holes in the afternoon.

MONSOON performed FLAWLESSLY. I will admit to being a little intimidated, but I did not tow 800 miles to sit on the trailer. The boat is solid like a Mo-Fo. I am not going to bash or claim that I could outrun any other boats, but I will say that I had no problem running hard when I wanted to, and I passed quite a few boats when I was hard on it. If you look at the picture threads, just about everyone had their tabs down. I never moved mine from neutral, and I kept the drives straight neutral the whole time. After seeing some of the video at the banquet, I probably could have trimmed the drives out a bit more.

Here are two pics from the afternoon leg (thank you Candyman):

Hey, Brian! Great shots of Monsoon! Sounds like you had a great time in Chicago. I read in the Aug. issue of Powerboat where Jay Ross and Frank Marchone have teamed up with AT. Jay is the VP of product design and development and will oversee day-to-day operations. No word on Frank's position. Did you see the article? See ya!!

Quick Reply: I had no idea.... (Chicago Poker Run recap)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.