Pat (LCD TV Installation)

Notices

Pat (LCD TV Installation)

Old 09-13-2006, 04:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pat (LCD TV Installation)

Pat,

Could you please tell me what TV's you are using on your boats. Would like to get an idea as to how these are lasting in the marine environment with all of the vibration and pounding that boats take. I would like to mount mine on the ouside bathroom wall. I am looking for a LCD/ DVD combo set-up. How do you install them and what type of antenna do you use.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Pat (LCD TV Installation)

Originally Posted by Madkat
Pat,

Could you please tell me what TV's you are using on your boats. Would like to get an idea as to how these are lasting in the marine environment with all of the vibration and pounding that boats take. I would like to mount mine on the ouside bathroom wall. I am looking for a LCD/ DVD combo set-up. How do you install them and what type of antenna do you use.
MadKat,

I apologize for overlooking your post.

Tell me what you've got do we can help you with the install.

Thanks, Pat
Old 09-20-2006, 09:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
MadKat,

I apologize for overlooking your post.

Tell me what you've got do we can help you with the install.

Thanks, Pat

Pat,

I am looking at installing the Phillips 17MD255V LCD TV/DVD . I would like to build a box to house the TV and mount it on the ouside bathroom wall facing the V-berth. This way I can run my wiring behind the valance panels and behind the dash over to my breaker pnl that is located above the galley sink.I wanted to get your opinnion on if this would be a good spot to mount the TV or where you mounted your TV's at. I am also not sure where to mount the antenna for the best reception. I believe on my brothers 38 PQ, they used a " bladder style " antenna that was mounted under the headliner. I have never seen or heard of these before. I thought when I was at the Miami Boat show a few years back, that I saw a company that made tv antenna's that were about the size of the navigation lights that you use on the sides of the boat. I dont want a huge antenna mounted on the boat. Is it possible that you may have a picture of how and where you placed your TV's to help give me some ideas. I tried sending you a email on this about a month ago, but it keeps coming back saying your mailbox is full. The boat is a 98 32V.

Thanks
Chris
Old 10-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Registered

Pat,

Any ideas if this will work. Tried sending you a e-mail, but your mailbox is full. Anyone have a pic of where there TV is installed in there 32
Old 10-10-2006, 02:34 PM
Registered

madkat, I have an audiovox in my 32 mounted by the bathroom facing the v-berth. I've had no problems with it, the kids can acutally watch it will were cruising along. I don't know about the antena though, it was in the boat when I got it, and no fancy mounting bracket, almost looks like it came with the tv.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Talking Re: Pat (LCD TV Installation)

Chris,

My mailbox is always full!

Call me tomorrow on my cell so we can walk thru this install.

My best recommendation is find something that fits the 'hole' on Crutchfield.com.

Most of the stuff holds up well but, as we all know, nothing takes the beating offshore forever. Don't spend tons on the best and always but the extended warranty.

Hope this is a good starting point!

So tell us, which 32? Pictures? Power?

Thanks, Pat
cell. 954-658-4972
Old 10-16-2006, 12:27 PM
Registered

Pat,

The 1998 32 that I own was the only one built with the 540 Bulldog package.It took me 3 years to go thru it, but I can say now that I am about 98% complete with my project. We did the motors last winter and turned the Bulldog motors into 572 ci. They make about 700 hp at 6000 rpm. I am still dialing her in and the best speed to date is 91.3 gps. I am hoping to get up to 95 mph. I redid all the interior, new graphics, rubrail, paint job, guages, etc.. Everything in the boat is new. I will try and post some pics.