Question for You

Notices

Question for You

Old 01-27-2007, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Question for You

Originally Posted by crb76
The TG is a great boat. The only issue with the TG was at high speed the AZZ end slide on you. I was in a four blade boat and Mark's friend Frank who has a Gun said that it did it on his with 4 blades too but once he went to 5 blades it stopped. The AT is a better riding boat in big water because it stays in the water more. The TG will launch. Both are built solid....
I didn't experience that AT ALL. And now you've opened up a can of woop azz coming from the Cig guys.

But I would like to hear some more opinions (you know what they say ) from others who have driven both. Keep in mind I boat on the lower Chesapeake Bay washing machine and Atlantic waters.

Thanks James! But I need to ride in water similar to mine so I have an equal benchmark. Poker Run would have given me an idea. Thanks again.

Last edited by Macklin; 01-27-2007 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Should of been on the Thunder Run last week! It was ugly off shore....
Old 01-28-2007, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Macklin
I didn't experience that AT ALL.
I should qualify this statement. I was referring to the azz end sliding. I have been on this particular TS TG many times and driven it more than once. It's solid as a rock. It does fly in big water, but what boat doesn't. However, it flies level and lands softly.

With my luck the ocean will be flat the day I fly to Florida.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:49 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I havent seen a flat day yet out of Hillsboro Inlet. Pat likes taking potential customers out in sloppy conditions. Its what sells the boat. I will never forget the first ride he took us on.
Old 01-28-2007, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ACTIVESHACK
I havent seen a flat day yet out of Hillsboro Inlet. Pat likes taking potential customers out in sloppy conditions. Its what sells the boat. I will never forget the first ride he took us on.
Back in 1998/99 Pat and I took a 37 down from Pompano to the Port Everglades area (in the intercoastal waterway) to show the owner of Sundance Marine. Pat promissed his wife that he would be back by 6:00 pm to attend a black tie affair....well, we were running a little late!!! Winds were out of the NE at 15-20 knots and seas were 6-8 feet and Pat decided to take the outside back to Hillsboro inlet to save some time ( so his wife would not kill him ). Somewhere, halfway back, we hit a hole in the ocean!! The bottom just fell out and that 37 ( I think it was Big Al's Boat) just dropped like a rock at least 10' at 75 mph! Pat stopped the boat and we just looked at each other dazed!!! I peeked into the Cabin expecting to see a disaster..other than the pillows falling onto the floor everything was intact and we continued north. Definitly one of the best rides I've had in an A/T. The boat was solid as a rock and crushed just about everythng Mother Ocean threw at us!! (cept that big hole) lol
Old 01-28-2007, 12:52 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crb76
The TG is a great boat. The only issue with the TG was at high speed the AZZ end slide on you. I was in a four blade boat and Mark's friend Frank who has a Gun said that it did it on his with 4 blades too but once he went to 5 blades it stopped. The AT is a better riding boat in big water because it stays in the water more. The TG will launch. Both are built solid....
Macklin Just to let you know crb76 aka Clark is our AT prop guru.
Attached Thumbnails Question for You-props%2520copy.jpg  

Last edited by ACTIVESHACK; 01-28-2007 at 01:09 PM.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

I should qualify this statement. I was referring to the azz end sliding. I have been on this particular TS TG many times and driven it more than once. It's solid as a rock. It does fly in big water, but what boat doesn't. However, it flies level and lands softly.

No doubt. I love the TS TG...Mark (Activeshack) friend Frank told me he had the same experience on his TS TG with four blades...I have been in more than one that did this. It was not like the boat was out of control just a little loose in the back like it needed less stern and more bow lift and the pivot point or center of gravity was a little to far forward. The one I drove was a 03 with 575's ITS Shorties and 33 blabbed 4 blade bravos. The boat fly’s flat and lands real nice, no doubt

The AT doesn’t fly very much in big water. The bottom is designed to keep the props and boat in the water. I remember when I met Harry Scholl (sp?) as a kid, the designer of the DDC/ AVH hull, he told me “ you can’t win races if your props are out of the water half of the time”. The only time I came completely out of the water on the Thunder Run is when I pushed it into the 60's and the bottom dropped out. We hit 5 or 6 8-10 foot holes. When we ran between 40 and 50 we were just riding the waves. Also another thing I really like about the AT is that a quartering sea doesn’t seem to affect the boat like other boats. The only time you need to run tabs is when you have a strong quartering wind in my opinion.

Last edited by crb76; 01-29-2007 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ACTIVESHACK
Macklin Just to let you know crb76 aka Clark is our AT prop guru.
also..to let you know, Jay aka boat biotch-love you long time is your shorty short's guru Josh love's ya man.
Attached Thumbnails Question for You-key-west-poker-run-11-06-129-large-web-view.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 01-29-2007, 05:05 PM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jassman:
we may have to refer to Jay as the HotPants Cutie.
The 70's are still in.
Have to RAZZ ya Jay..