Warning!! Warning!! Warning!!

Notices

Warning!! Warning!! Warning!!

Old 04-16-2007, 07:10 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by slboatdrinks
Keep me posted guys. Oh ya, I already go over 90.1....
You tell em....LMAO
Old 04-16-2007, 07:12 AM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep me posted guys. Oh ya, I already go over 90.1....
You can have the crown now Steve.
Attached Images  
Old 04-16-2007, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by docmanrich37
You can have the crown now Steve.
I didn't know you gave up so easily?
Old 04-16-2007, 07:15 AM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

I didn't know you gave up so easily?
I don't but its your turn.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:46 AM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

It is my belief that if the X deminsion is not right to start with even a 700 boat will need the owners own R&D!! to get the most speed.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by docmanrich37
Yea and your drive mechanic will be able to buy he's vacation house with all the money he will make off of you this summer.Clark just go see Uncle Frank and buy a 700 boat and you might be happy or better yet buy my whipples and you can go 90.1
Talk to mercury about the Maximus and they said that they have XR's with over 500 hours on them using the prop with heavy loads. They said driver error is the #1 cause when one breaks. Also you know if you can run the maximus depending on the drive vibration when getting on plane. Any drive that vibrates getting on plane will do damage to the uppers. The 32 lab was much smoother getting on plane than the stock 32’s which were not bad. The stock 32’s are junk in my opinion.

Mark is also right. I have 5 year warranties on my engines and drives too!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2007, 09:34 AM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by crb76
Talk to mercury about the Maximus and they said that they have XR's with over 500 hours on them using the prop with heavy loads. They said driver error is the #1 cause when one breaks. Also you know if you can run the maximus depending on the drive vibration when getting on plane. Any drive that vibrates getting on plane will do damage to the uppers. The 32 lab was much smoother getting on plane than the stock 32’s which were not bad. The stock 32’s are junk in my opinion.

Mark is also right. I have 5 year warranties on my engines and drives too!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck with them.The stock 32's are the best for my A/T for all around but everyone has their option.32 labbed didn't do well for me,they washed out getting on plane and just ran out of prop at top end.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:58 AM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by crb76
I ran today with Joe's (my ) labbed 32 bravos and hit 87with me and 3/4 tank of fuel in brackish water. Slip is 18%, which is high. I was only turning 5150 to maybe 5200. If I can get another 150RPM and keep the slip and pitch the same then we are talking 89-90. I still think a Maximus pitch and labbed to 29 and pulling 5350 is going to be the best all around.
My only question is.... if you really are interested in gaining more speed...... trimming the boat that far out usually means stand-off boxes will work well ---something to think about. The boat felt like it just started to loosen up at 6 1/2 or so on the trims, when she was just startin' to eat!!!!!

I know Roy had boxes on his boat. Knowing his was a lighter boat, and that it had 500 EFI's, I am still willing to bet you'll pick-up both speed and even greater handling at WOT. Remember, Roy ALWAYS had drive issues w/ the 5 & 6 blade props...... Otherwise, if you're happy w/ 87-88 on a 1/2 tank of fuel etc... leave it alone - the R's will come up to the limiters when you lighten up on fuel. It's reliable, stable, nimble boat that runs like a rabbit w/ it's ass on fire as it sits!

I can see why you love it so much.

P.S. Oh, and not to mention the paint --- it really looks great in person (even better than the photos). I really like all the flake. It sure poped in the sunlight yesterday!

See you at Travis in a few weeks!

Joe
Old 04-16-2007, 10:02 AM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

P.S. You can thank Phil (Lip-ship) for the props. He made a special call to Merc., telling them one of his "secret sauce" tweaks, which got my boat to 89 MPH.

The 91 came when I put on a friends 5 blade Herrings. Here's a shot of my GPS speedo on my old boat. Remember ---- this was a light boat w/ a blue-printed hull.

Joe
Attached Thumbnails Warning!! Warning!! Warning!!-gps-89-mph-2003-twin-step-smartcraft-525-efi-top-gun-3.jpg   Warning!! Warning!! Warning!!-montys-aug-2006-port-side-dock.jpg  
Old 04-16-2007, 10:03 AM
Registered

be happy with the #s Its reliable and safe. I would be so happy with that the way it is an almost 90 mph condo what else could anyone ask for.

Quick Reply: Warning!! Warning!! Warning!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.