Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Active Thunder
Suddenly there's Thunder in the HRPA >

Suddenly there's Thunder in the HRPA

Notices

Suddenly there's Thunder in the HRPA

Old 05-12-2007, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey, it was a soft bristle brush that did not scratch the clear. However, I do like the new wash mit on a stick she got. Makes it easy for her to reach up to the rub rail.

I need to figure out some kind of quick disconnect for the engine flusher. Kind of a PITA with just a straight hose. What have you guys rigged up for that?
Old 05-12-2007, 09:16 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Macklin
I need to figure out some kind of quick disconnect for the engine flusher. Kind of a PITA with just a straight hose. What have you guys rigged up for that?
BillR good job!!! LOL Macklin i would have been a nervous wreck with my boat hanging in those slings It looks great I would like to have had a comparison pic. like yours of the AT and my old fountain. I made up a rig with quick disconnects for the engine flusher. Your right it is a PIA like it is. I'll get a pic for you and post it later. Clark and i were talking about this same thing last week.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This rig works great. You can turn the water on and off in the boat so you can flush them without needing somebody on the ground or having to climb in and out of the boat 4 times yourself. The left green fitting doesn't swivel so it screws into the hookup in the boat real easy. Put the other green fitting on the dock hose and turn the water on before you get in the boat. I made my flush hose 6' but i'm going to cut it back to 4'.
Attached Thumbnails Suddenly there's Thunder in the HRPA-dsc00075.jpg  
Old 05-13-2007, 07:09 AM
Registered

Thanks Mark! That's pretty much what I had in mind. I will get to work on that this week.

Today's weather totally blows, low 60's with big winds out of the NE, so I plan to take the opportunity to get her waxed and detailed for the big weekend coming up.

We plan to spend two nights on the boat to break her in right!

See ya there!
Old 05-13-2007, 07:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ACTIVESHACK
Macklin i would have been a nervous wreck with my boat hanging in those slings
This is why I didn't watch. Although the fork lift driver who works weekends at my new marina has been doing this for 30 years. He is a real professional and it really shows.

However, the slings did damage the paint just at the bottom of the hull sides. Never see it when it is in the water. Not sure what I can do about it. That's life.

Yesterday all the nerves, stress, exhileration and excitement came to a head. I felt like a wet rag in the morning and totally crashed yesterday afternoon. And I never take afternoon naps! I'm thrilled it's finally done and in the barn!!
Old 05-13-2007, 07:46 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea....that would get the old butt puckerin' for sure!!! You definately won't miss that boat out on the water
Old 05-13-2007, 08:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BillR
No wonder that PQ wouldn't hit 80.
BTW, for the record, I did hit 80 with your Merc labbed 30's. I prefer stock props for their durability and better cruise efficiency. And I don't like having 8 razor blades hanging off the transom with as much time as we spend in the water behind the boat at raft ups.

Can't wait to find out how these stock 32's will perform. By all accounts I need to start saving for another set.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Congrats, boat looks awesome ....Cool pic's Have great summer, See you guys on jammin on the James.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Macklin
BTW, for the record, I did hit 80 with your Merc labbed 30's. I prefer stock props for their durability and better cruise efficiency. And I don't like having 8 razor blades hanging off the transom with as much time as we spend in the water behind the boat at raft ups.

Can't wait to find out how these stock 32's will perform. By all accounts I need to start saving for another set.
On my boat the stock 32's burn more fuel than the lab 32's that I got from Joe by about 15% because the boat is under more of a load with the stock 32’s. The lab set I got increased my mid range by 2-3 MPH. The difference in the 32 labs that I bought from Joe and traditional lab 32's is they have more trailing edge and more cup in tip than traditional lab finishes props. Getting on plane is also much better with the labs that I have. I agree about durability. The stock 30 is also a nice option. I tried them too.

lab 32's
3500-58
3700-62
4000-67
WOT 87
Old 05-13-2007, 09:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ACTIVESHACK
This rig works great. You can turn the water on and off in the boat so you can flush them without needing somebody on the ground or having to climb in and out of the boat 4 times yourself. The left green fitting doesn't swivel so it screws into the hookup in the boat real easy. Put the other green fitting on the dock hose and turn the water on before you get in the boat. I made my flush hose 6' but i'm going to cut it back to 4'.
Send me one of those!!

Quick Reply: Suddenly there's Thunder in the HRPA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.