Hydromotive On 25 At >

Hydromotive On 25 At

Notices

Hydromotive On 25 At

Old 06-20-2007, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hydromotive On 25 At

Anyone ever try hydromotive 4 blade on 25 at.was wondering how the stern lifting props respond on theses hulls.trying to fix very high slip # 20% slip.what about drive spacers?
Old 06-20-2007, 06:40 PM
Registered

That's what's on mine, QIV -25, came with the boat, sent it to bblades and they thinned it a little and fixed a really bad repair. best I've seen this year is 69 at 5000 gps

Last edited by camptappakeg69; 06-20-2007 at 06:43 PM.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:44 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Tried one on our Tantrum and was not impressed with the performance. To much stern lift , made the boat "plow".
Old 06-21-2007, 09:28 AM
Registered

Hey R ,what are you running again???.....Bravo???
Old 06-21-2007, 09:46 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

26 4 blade Bravo One, slightly tweaked........and another 26 TWEAKED...4 blade Bravo One.......
Old 06-21-2007, 10:21 AM
Registered

well i guess i can add another to the collection.anyone need a labbed 23 quadiV
Old 06-21-2007, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a '97 Tantrum which I took delivery from Pat on July 4, 1996. I fussed for several years with props and consistently stayed with the four blade Hydromotive unit. I believe it is a 23P. Best ever top speed was radared at 73MPH, downhill in the intercoastasl in WPB. Engine has always been an HP500. Props. to me have been a bit of black art. The term "blueprinting" was the word before "lab" and prices became so ridiculous. I think I paid about $350.00 for my original Hydro unit. Aren't labbed props $6 or 700.00? Anyway, I tried Bravo units, the Hydro and a prop from a small shop in the Lake of the Ozarks area. He had been specializing in props for bass boats and ventured in to the sport boat market (Extreme Props?). The Hydro wasn't perfect but it seemed that I always came back to it.

My Tantrum was the last that Pat built in Chicago prior to moving his production to Pompano Beach. As i recall, Pat and his guys hadn't played with the"x" height yet. Perhaps my boat was not built for maximum speed, although my family and I have always been very happy with the performance. We never babied the boat. Pat had always said it was built tough and was at home offshore. We were never able to prove him wrong. We ran it hard. Pat re-did our upolstery in 2005 and we replaced all the gauges as well. Alas, the engine became tired during the Ft. Lauderdale Air and Sea show weekend back in early May of this year. Early diagnosis water reversion through the exhaust valves. Rust in the cylinder bores. It looks like a complete rebuild is required. Trying to decide what to do. I have regressed. the prop is still in great shape.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by palmcitythunder
I have a '97 Tantrum which I took delivery from Pat on July 4, 1996. I fussed for several years with props and consistently stayed with the four blade Hydromotive unit. I believe it is a 23P. Best ever top speed was radared at 73MPH, downhill in the intercoastasl in WPB. Engine has always been an HP500. Props. to me have been a bit of black art. The term "blueprinting" was the word before "lab" and prices became so ridiculous. I think I paid about $350.00 for my original Hydro unit. Aren't labbed props $6 or 700.00? Anyway, I tried Bravo units, the Hydro and a prop from a small shop in the Lake of the Ozarks area. He had been specializing in props for bass boats and ventured in to the sport boat market (Extreme Props?). The Hydro wasn't perfect but it seemed that I always came back to it.

My Tantrum was the last that Pat built in Chicago prior to moving his production to Pompano Beach. As i recall, Pat and his guys hadn't played with the"x" height yet. Perhaps my boat was not built for maximum speed, although my family and I have always been very happy with the performance. We never babied the boat. Pat had always said it was built tough and was at home offshore. We were never able to prove him wrong. We ran it hard. Pat re-did our upolstery in 2005 and we replaced all the gauges as well. Alas, the engine became tired during the Ft. Lauderdale Air and Sea show weekend back in early May of this year. Early diagnosis water reversion through the exhaust valves. Rust in the cylinder bores. It looks like a complete rebuild is required. Trying to decide what to do. I have regressed. the prop is still in great shape.
Did that have all purple inteior?
Old 06-21-2007, 03:01 PM
Registered

Interior was white with blue and yellow accents.(Still is). Sides featured a blue/yellow/black checkerboard stripe. I'll see if i have some current pictures.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:43 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Welcome Aboard PalmCityThunder.

Quick Reply: Hydromotive On 25 At

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.