Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Active Thunder
Let's talk insurance >

Let's talk insurance

Notices

Let's talk insurance

Old 10-10-2007, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sy Goldberg got me for 2,200.00 a year for my 28. I have over 25 years in many different boats and it was all inland water ways with 8 month lay up. But at the time nobody else would touch it. Ins brokers are nothing but legal bookies.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:52 PM
Registered

Angry

Originally Posted by boatfreak
I'm not sure I want to say the name of my company as I'm not sure its a good idea to talk rates on here as I'm sure several ins companys are on here. This is my 4th boat with this co and agent and I've never had a claim. I have coverage anywhere around this great land and within 90 miles of shore. I have no layup and 2500 deduct for $1010 a year. My company is well aware of what my boat is and how fast it is.
That's amazing! I think they made a mistake...how can companies vary SO much for similar coverage? "F***ing insurance companies are scum!!
BTW,...I pay $1,200. a year for a 28AT... No layup, inland-NY to FL.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1800 per yr. no layup, actual cost replacement, limited to the Ches. Bay and Inland, need to call them if I travel to do a run. They did say upfront that the underwriters will not touch anything over 1k hp though. Looks like we should all call Boatfreak's company.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:27 AM
Registered

In Michigan State Farm.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:50 AM
Registered

I'm not sure I want to say the name of my company as I'm not sure its a good idea to talk rates on here as I'm sure several ins companys are on here. This is my 4th boat with this co and agent and I've never had a claim. I have coverage anywhere around this great land and within 90 miles of shore. I have no layup and 2500 deduct for $1010 a year. My company is well aware of what my boat is and how fast it is.
wow that is great, is that agreed value i assume? is the trailer covered as well?
Old 10-11-2007, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This is just unbelievable!

I highly recommend Bob Luellen with Worldwide Marine. I shopped everyone while mine was being built. Elton Porter was close, but I have been with Bob for years. Plus he is a blast to talk with and a wealth of knowledge. And he worked his butt off trying to get Progressive to approve the 525's. They will write 500's....go figure.

I'm paying $3200 with no layup, no windstorm deductible, on the coast, and $5K deductible.

OH, and no trailering limits, which I don't need. Sorry Clark, but I have no place to store your trailer and nothing to tow it with anyway.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

My 28 started out at about 650 when I bought it and after 6+ yrs it went up to about 725.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:09 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm with Total Dollar in New York and paying $4413 a year. No layup and coastwise coverage. 5K deductible. Not the best deal in the world but the best i could find at the last minute after my local State Farm agent lied and told me 6 weeks earlier that he could handle it. He's a poster boy for Cosmics and Spilmans opinion of insurance people. I did talk to David Barbee at Elton Porter and he seems like a great guy and big AT fan but he couldn't write in Virginia at the time. He can now write Va. so i might be shopping with him come renewal time.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:17 PM
Registered

Mark, I know the feeling. And they act like they are doing you a favor. They could care less about your history with boating and or if you have a perfect driveing record or the fact that you never put in a claim. I State Farm with all my boats,cars, bikes,snowmobiles and homes, when I asked for Ins. for the A.T. with a 525 they flat out said NOOOOO Way. Needless to say I now have a different company and BOOKIE.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:24 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What's the deal with State Farm anyway? There is no rhyme or reason to their decision on whether to write you or not. There are more than a couple folks in the club with twins who have them...with great rates I might add. My State Farm agent, who has all my other policies, says his underwriter won't touch anything faster than 60/65! Argh!!

Quick Reply: Let's talk insurance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.