Know anything about this boat? >

Know anything about this boat?

Notices

Know anything about this boat?

Old 02-23-2008, 02:22 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default s

randy, get ahold of erik altom. he owns the Jesse James boat on Grand. its a 32 AT and hes runnin 7oo+ hp blower motors and a sixpack cockpit. we ran with him (briefly) during the uglys run and i was in and out of the water but he just skated across the top with a lot less drama. im sure he cld answer any questions abt how she handles grand and loto
Old 02-23-2008, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Cale, and everybody else. Wild, you can spend my money better than me, and that's no easy feat! if you ask her, I can spend that kind of money in my sleep!

That basic fact is, if I want to keep boating, I have to make a woman who has never spent time at the lake enjoy herself while still satisfying my need for pure horsepower. My first AT ride was with Gordo at LOTO in 2005 on his 25. He let me drive her up close to 80mph which shows some trust on his part as he had actually only met me in person that day. You can understand why my prayers were going out to him last year ( and still) because he is an outstanding human being!

I probably would not be aware of the true goodness (word?) of AT without Gordo. That being said, I have to find a boat that makes both me and the wife happy. I will contact on this AT and see what the the deal is. It sounds like it might be the right one for us.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
Nice looking boat. I have heard nothing but good things about the 32' AT. I have ridden in a 37' and what a ride. I don't think you could go wrong with either that or a 35' Ciggy.

I can't believe that boat doesn't have steering?
It definitely needs hydraulic steering. That can be added for the right price. We added it it to my 24 Superboat, and it works great, so at least I have experience adding hydraulic steering! The wife helped and everything, so at least she is game to help out on things like this!
Old 02-23-2008, 07:08 PM
Registered

Default Where's Griff?!

Griff, you've bee running a 32 AT this year and last. How has it put up with LOTO vs your 28 Pantera? Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks!

Randy
Old 02-23-2008, 10:38 PM
Registered

Talking AT Rides Above It

That is a nice looking 32...you will be very surprised with the rough water capabilities. I am so impressed w/my AT when I encounter the big stuff on the Gulf of Mexico, the St. Lawrence River & Lake Ontario. Active Thunder boats are one of the best rides in the snotty cross-wakes and seem to ride just above the slop in most situations...it's hard to describe; you just need to experience it!
Old 02-24-2008, 09:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by camptappakeg69
Lake Ontario gets rough????
Well!? I know I have no need to be on it anymore, It just takes all the fun outa boating. Not to bad for you , you have a place to run to.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:20 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a bad boat for the money, but what is up with no steering???? anyway my 32 AT is incredible in rough water I love everything about it.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:32 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by jayhawk261
Griff, you've bee running a 32 AT this year and last. How has it put up with LOTO vs your 28 Pantera? Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks!

Randy

I'm VERY happy with the ride of my 32 AT at LOTO. It has exceeded my expectations. I ran it hard in some rough water. I was running 55-60 down the main channel from the 12-20 mm in the afternoon on Labor Day weekend if that gives you any indication. The Pantera was a great boat, but the ride of the AT far surpasses the ride of the Pantera. My 6 year old sits/stands in the front bolster of the AT and I'm confident he is safe there. He has to stand on a full size cooler just to see over the fairing. The freeboard is just as deep as a 38 TG at the front of the cockpit and deeper in the back. The deep freeboard gives it a very safe feeling. Its a wavecrushin mutha!!!!

If I had my choice though and price was not an issue, I'd definately take the 35 PB Cig over a 32 AT. I'm pretty confident the Cig will ride even better and be just slightly faster with equal power.

I am curious about the thru hull pick ups on the AT you posted about. It also looks to be priced pretty decent. Most definately needs the hyd steering.
Attached Thumbnails Know anything about this boat?-21280_4.jpg  
Old 02-24-2008, 03:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
I'm VERY happy with the ride of my 32 AT at LOTO. It has exceeded my expectations. I ran it hard in some rough water. I was running 55-60 down the main channel from the 12-20 mm in the afternoon on Labor Day weekend if that gives you any indication. The Pantera was a great boat, but the ride of the AT far surpasses the ride of the Pantera. My 6 year old sits/stands in the front bolster of the AT and I'm confident he is safe there. He has to stand on a full size cooler just to see over the fairing. The freeboard is just as deep as a 38 TG at the front of the cockpit and deeper in the back. The deep freeboard gives it a very safe feeling. Its a wavecrushin mutha!!!!

If I had my choice though and price was not an issue, I'd definately take the 35 PB Cig over a 32 AT. I'm pretty confident the Cig will ride even better and be just slightly faster with equal power.

I am curious about the thru hull pick ups on the AT you posted about. It also looks to be priced pretty decent. Most definately needs the hyd steering.
I was wondering what the heck that was! It looked odd, but I hadn't thought to question it yet.

The more i think about this one, the more I realize it needs about $10k dropped on it before it hits the water. Between Hyd Steering and a swim platform and whatever else, this one may just need too much unless the price is right.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:02 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Wife and I were looking at this boat.....looking. Wish we could pull it off. Yes it does need steering and a platform but all in all a good buy. The water pickups are for the 600 DPX crank mounted seawater pumps.

Quick Reply: Know anything about this boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.