Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Active Thunder
Any added-on bling? >

Any added-on bling?

Notices

Any added-on bling?

Old 03-08-2008, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Chrome! Sure glad I upgraded to stainless!!
Old 03-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ACTIVESHACK
To remove that white chalky crap off the chrome on the transom that forms when you leave your boat in that wonderful Florida salt for a couple of days. Didn't you get that chit on there last winter when we went to Key Largo ?

Atleast you could put OUR salt in your food. How 'bout that nice Virginy salt water?

Ok, now I have to go look at the boats. What plastic stuff are you talking about???
Old 03-08-2008, 02:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Atleast you could put OUR salt in your food. How 'bout that nice Virginy salt water?

Ok, now I have to go look at the boats. What plastic stuff are you talking about???
Waters fresh up on the Chick where I live
Take a look at the fitting on the trim tabs that the indicator cables go thru and the tie straps on the steering ram hoses.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:34 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Macklin
Chrome! Sure glad I upgraded to stainless!!
It gets on any non coated metal on the transom. Tailpipes, steering rams, tie bar and props. It sticks to stainless steel worse than anything. When i got home last week I had to clean my props with on & off to remove it and then saturate them with CRC. It's just one of the things you have to deal with if you want to boat in the beautiful Florida Water.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by spilman
Mine are white also, the hull cleaner I use(On & Off Hull and Bottom Cleaner) does the same thing. But it does work!

Lime Away??....
Lime-away is a lot milder than On & Off and CLR and still gets it clean. You can get it at the grocery store.

Last edited by ACTIVESHACK; 03-08-2008 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:47 PM
Registered

Waters fresh up on the Chick where I live
Take a look at the fitting on the trim tabs that the indicator cables go thru and the tie straps on the steering ram hoses.

Is that the same water I was wading around in where we grounded at the marina?

That plastic retainer on the K-plane comes with the plane. Now the builder has to sound stupid.....who makes them in SS?
Old 03-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Registered

He's talking about the thru hull fitting that screws into the tab for the indicator cable. The plastic ones cost 23 bucks a pair and the stainless one 106 bucks a pair. Mercury makes both. The first time you put lime-away on the transom when your in Florida the plastic ones turn white and look like chit. The manufacters in the previous post use the stainless steel ones and AT uses the plastic. I've ordered some polished stainless blinged up ones to replace mine with from Stainless Marine. They come with a hose to cover the cable from the thru-hull to the tab connection and look really good. The OL at the Miami Show had them on it.
Mark, says Stainless Marine.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Is that the same water I was wading around in where we grounded at the marina?
That's what I'm thinking...isn't it the same Atlantic water I boat in? Still wondering what you are talking about. Although, maybe my thorough post run was down is the ticket!

Come take a look dude! We can grab some dinner on me...and you can bring a set of those 5 bladers you have hanging on your wall.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Registered

I see that now.

But if we put all that stuff on at the factory, Mark wouldn't have anything to spend his money on! (except maybe Lori)

Last edited by ActiveThunder; 03-08-2008 at 03:28 PM. Reason: forgot my smiley
Old 03-08-2008, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see that now.

But if we put all that stuff on at the factory, Mark wouldn't have anything to spend his money on! (except maybe Lori)
I wouldn't be worrieing about that, you can't do it all and there is always something new and shiney comeing out. Still very nice of you to be concerned

Quick Reply: Any added-on bling?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.