Super Clean 28 Savage ...... >

Super Clean 28 Savage ......

Notices

Super Clean 28 Savage ......

Old 03-13-2008, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ACTIVESHACK
Well maybe the fact that yours is a 1990 and this is a 2004 might justify it costing double and I doubt you can smoke it either Nothing against your Apache because I like it
What do you have for power and how fast is that antique ?
OH I was waitin for this, could get interestin
Old 03-13-2008, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It just kills me when someone makes a statement like that. And it isn't the first time.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

I thought that post would surely get some entertaining feedback.

Cosmic12 - LOL, just a friendly discussion here. Boat cost $85K new in 1990, they now sell for $150K. Yes, the apache has two big block engines and its 28ft. So 1/2 the cost twice the hardware. Can you put two big blocks in that plastic cup of a bilge? The twins AT's I've seen required numorous shall we say "adjustments." AT has one motor - what does that say????? I'd say your up creek without a paddle when you have engine problems, not to mention the enormous sum of money you'll need to invest to get some real speed. Yep, she is a heavy resin bucket, which should make my passengers feel more than safe. So just how fast is your AT? I didn't see it in the add, maybe thats something you'd just assume keep to yourself Yep its got some wood in it........Rot...........eventually I'm sure. Do you think there is a reason why after all these years of boat building most builders have not gone to plastics? Let me see if I can dig that article up for you. Why are you selling, not fast enough?

Hey activeshack, I agree 100%, but mine actually has less hours than cosmic (220). I'm just bored and looking for a good thread. Tired of reading about "almost" bad boat deals and the other misc BS I've already read 10 threads on. She will do 77mph, or so I'm told. Twin 460hp with antique merc 454's. I'll admit, not that fast.

I like the 28 AT, just trying to have some fun here. Cosmic12, if your offended I'll take down the post. If you want to have a friendly debate then carry on.

Last edited by TexomaPowerboater; 03-13-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:29 PM
Registered

We can settle this on May 2nd and 3rd at the Texas Outlaw Challenge. Bring a pantera too.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cosmic12
It just kills me when someone makes a statement like that. And it isn't the first time.
It just kills me when you can't see the grin in my face after reading your post All in fun.............
Old 03-13-2008, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not offended inthe least I simply am saying it was a uncalled for statement. I am not selling anything,What ad? and my 28 would have kept up and more than likely passed you with one 525. No I don't post speeds and won't get into a pissing match with anyone over it. Like I said I looked at Apaches and every other 27 to 29 ft and the A.T. offered the best all round boat. Hours? what hours you talking about? I have no idea what it is you refer to as adjustments. 1/2 the cost twice the hardware? Are you refering to all the stuff you will be replaceing? All my passengers loved the ride comfert and the deep safe feeling they got in my 28. If I wanted twins I would have bought a bigger boat. Enormous sum of money? I would have to say that if I wanted to get to mid 80s it would have cost me very little compared to what it will cost you if the speed thing is what its all about which it appears it is. carry on if you must.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
I thought that post would surely get some entertaining feedback.

Cosmic12 - LOL, just a friendly discussion here. Boat cost $85K new in 1990, they now sell for $150K. Yes, the apache has two big block engines and its 28ft. So 1/2 the cost twice the hardware. Can you put two big blocks in that plastic cup of a bilge? The twins AT's I've seen required numorous shall we say "adjustments." AT has one motor - what does that say????? I'd say your up creek without a paddle when you have engine problems, not to mention the enormous sum of money you'll need to invest to get some real speed. Yep, she is a heavy resin bucket, which should make my passengers feel more than safe. So just how fast is your AT? I didn't see it in the add, maybe thats something you'd just assume keep to yourself Yep its got some wood in it........Rot...........eventually I'm sure. Do you think there is a reason why after all these years of boat building most builders have not gone to plastics? Let me see if I can dig that article up for you. Why are you selling, not fast enough?

Hey activeshack, I agree 100%, but mine actually has less hours than cosmic (220). I'm just bored and looking for a good thread. Tired of reading about "almost" bad boat deals and the other misc BS I've already read 10 threads on. She will do 77mph, or so I'm told. Twin 460hp with antique merc 454's. I'll admit, not that fast.

I like the 28 AT, just trying to have some fun here. Cosmic12, if your offended I'll take down the post. If you want to have a friendly debate then carry on.

Are you saying that your '90 has 220 hrs total on the hull/motor or just the motors? If its on the hull/motor thats a good find.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:18 PM
Registered

What ad? dude, this thread is about a 28 AT thats for sale - the ad was in the first post. The hours I'm talking about are in reference to that ad. 1/2 the cost twice the hardware - referring to two engines instead of one. Clearly your not enjoying this as much as I am so I will forgo the pissing match and just be happy with the fact that I own an apache and your still boatless. Sorry to of put your panties in a wad
Old 03-13-2008, 06:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by camptappakeg69
Are you saying that your '90 has 220 hrs total on the hull/motor or just the motors? If its on the hull/motor thats a good find.
220 hrs on hull, 20hrs on upgraded merc 454. Thanks.

Cosmic - never did see those speed numbers, I'll just assume my first post was correct
Old 03-13-2008, 06:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
220 hrs on hull, 20hrs on upgraded merc 454. Thanks.

Cosmic - never did see those speed numbers, I'll just assume my first post was correct
Damn that's a little more than 12 hrs a season, where did it come from, alaska.......

Quick Reply: Super Clean 28 Savage ......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.