Found this Savage for sale

Notices

Found this Savage for sale

Old 05-22-2008, 11:04 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 515 Posts

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
Brian, I have to disagree, on a repo boat, I think the offer should be much less. I can do a 26 2008 Outlaw with full warranty for 77K, I think the offer to the bank should be more like 40K. First its not a new boat, it probably has no warranty, Hull or Motor, and no idea the condition other than the photos.

Just my 2 cents.

WILL
That's a 496HO/B1X with stock steering and Bennett/Quick-trim tabs that you are quoting right?

This boat has a 525EFI/XR with external MM hydraulic steering and K-Planes. There is a lot more boat to a 28AT than a 26Outlaw. I see your point, but the boats are in different classes. The no longer made 25AT would compare to the 25/26 Outlaws.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 05-22-2008 at 11:07 AM.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed, maybe not a good comparison, but here is a very good one
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...avage-92523892

So same everything and a very nice trailer included, from a dealer for only 6K more??

I stand by my opinion, repo with a "Who Knows" history for 69K is no deal.

But hey we all have opinions, I remember when you thought Sonic was the best boat in the world

Sorry I missed you at SML, I was running the VA Beach Run.

WILL
Old 05-22-2008, 12:04 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 515 Posts

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
Agreed, maybe not a good comparison, but here is a very good one
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...avage-92523892

WILL
I know that boat well. Its a year older with 230 hours, and was traded in for a new 33AT, and the guy who just bought that boat traded in a 25AT for it. Both deals were done through our Factory Rep. in New York.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish everyone would quit posting these boats before I've got everything together to get serious. These two were towards the top of my list if I can't get cat insurance.

It looks like someone might be seeking a surveyor for this one in the general discussion area.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:51 PM
Registered

I think the problem is people hear the word repo & just want a he11 of a deal & I don't blame them. I have been on the recieving end of bank repos & I can tell you, you wouldn't believe the things people will do when they know the bank is coming for their boat.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 24skaterVA
I think the problem is people hear the word repo & just want a he11 of a deal & I don't blame them. I have been on the recieving end of bank repos & I can tell you, you wouldn't believe the things people will do when they know the bank is coming for their boat.
It reminds me of the stories of all the scumbags defaulting on their mortgage and trashing the place and gutting everything valuable. A neighbor of mine did it and every bit of respect flew out the window.

No wonder repo-men have to be sneaky and not let anyone know they'recoming with the way people are.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My point exactly, we have purchased repo boats and cars and it is a gamble at best what you are getting!!!!!!! A few years ago we looked at a repo Cabin cruiser at the bank in "great shape, low hours" drove to FL, yea F%^&#$%^ boat had been sunk in salt. Oh and you think the bank will tell you that, they will default to "were a bank we don't have any idea, sold as is"

I am not picking on this AT, just making a point with any repo boat, I have a theft recovery at my shop right now guy thought he got a hell of a deal, well now he is buying all new power and it doesn't look so good!!!!!

WILL
Old 05-23-2008, 07:10 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Buy it Rob.....
Old 05-23-2008, 08:31 PM
Registered

Default Make a low offer

I sold mine for about the same price and it was well cared for. At 69k you can wait and spend about the same and have no worries...$40k would be my initial offer. I had a 26 Sonic by me asking 40k and my offer on it and it was a repo was 25k and they laughed at me I think it was finally bought for low 20's lower than my offer, but it was dirty had a small hole in it's side and the top was faded be careful of repo's
Old 05-23-2008, 09:17 PM
Registered

Offer should be contingent upon test ride....if they don't agree, the deal is off the table....55k is a very fair, middle-ground first offer. In great shape it's worth 70k, but I'm a little biased when it comes to AT's.....

Quick Reply: Found this Savage for sale

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.