So what's your take on fuel?

Notices

So what's your take on fuel?

Old 05-25-2008, 07:30 AM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crb76
I am more of an event/ destination boater which alleviates gas cost but increased travel cost. I don’t boat every weekend. I spent about 40K boating last year (boat note, insurance, PROPS, maintenance, storage, entry fees, towing, hotels, food, ect). I would probably come close to spending that much without a boat traveling. Fuel cost was 5K. I also paid an average of 4 bucks per gallon because I fill up on the water in Florida a lot in the winter. This year I will be more conscience to full up on the street. There are not more lap trips around Clear Lake just for fun. Also, a lot of the gas expense was subsidized by people boating with me. I do the same when riding. When I do poker runs, we always split the cost of the event equatably. For example, last year Key West was about $1K for fuel. We split it 4 ways at $250 each. Airfare was $213 per person. I rather do it by boat!

As chuckbeecher taught me growing up,” son, you can’t take it with you”!

Let’s talk again if it gets to 8 bucks per gallon. I might change my mind. Interesting article below.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...sABargain.aspx
I think his real cost was SHIPPING!!!!!!!!!!
shipping all those PROPS
I hope he has the CORRECT one now 'cause with the rising cost of jet fuel his UPS/FEDEX cost are going to skyrocket

Always remember a simple fact:
7-8 mpg (towing with new diesels) is always better than 1.4 on the water.
Tow that mother to Marathon ..correction.. tow to Sugarloaf then splash and still make your GRAND entrance to Key West Harbor.
or
Hide in the Mangroves and wait for Stu's group to come by and jump in the back of the pack..that where you would be any way kind of like the guy that lurks in the bushes near the finish of the marathons.
I am sitting here in Lauderdale/Hollywood area and a lot of different boats out on the ocean and in the ditch..alot of eggbeaters..my type motors for the times.

Last edited by chuckbeecher; 06-01-2008 at 08:38 AM.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:32 AM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

Well I'm back a Lake Cumberland again this weekend and I am still running on the 400 bucks I put in it a feww weeks ago but I had the big blocks singing yesterday so that will be gone when I leave here later today and now 93 is about $4.15-$4.20 on the street here so you do the math on what the next fill up will cost me.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:13 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by R Addiction
$200.00-$300.00 depending on where we go. Another reason I love this boat, run 50-55mph all weekend and rip it a few time to teach someone a lesson and the tank lasts a good while.
On Memeorial Day weekend it was $280.00, pretty accurate guess!!

Going out today to our favorite spot across the bay....I'll top it off when we get back.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:29 AM
"Unregistered Gun"
Platinum Member

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

For a normal weekend $150 +/-
Old 06-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Registered

on our local river we boat on,, i get buy on $150 from friday nite to sunday afternoon. it is only 6 miles or so to the no wake where we all tie up and party our azzs off. then back to our lot where we party all nite.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:26 PM
Registered

WOW!! I must be saving alota money!!! I wonder where it is?
Old 06-01-2008, 06:31 PM
Registered

I spent a grand this weekend, the hours and gas our adding up quick thank god ct has the highest gas prices in the country
Old 06-01-2008, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Thunder ct
I spent a grand this weekend, the hours and gas our adding up quick thank god ct has the highest gas prices in the country
Good to see you're getting those break in hours on the new motors.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:42 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

135.00 yesterday
Old 06-02-2008, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So far this season = $0

Hopefully spalsh this weekend, normally last year I tried to top off the tank every time I came off the water(always trailer to the lake). Usually spent $75-$100 every weekend that was nice.

Quick Reply: So what's your take on fuel?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.