Look what I ran across >

Look what I ran across

Notices

Look what I ran across

Old 08-06-2008, 12:05 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Look what I ran across

Finally got out boating with Chuck and Thunderstruck last weekend.......He is really enjoying the boat.....Ive never actually seen an AT before......went out for a ride, after driving it my impressions were that in the turns the thing is on rails and very crisp, wow....and it seems like like the whole boat is machined from a solid piece of billet, not a hint of flex in the entire boat......the procharged 502s will really pick up the revs and go!.......trimmed in and pitched it in to some fast turns at about 70 in some 1-2s......rails, glued,nice......the people in the boat enjoyed the high G load but wernt afraid.......useable roomy cabin too. I could hang out in there for hours. We're a little confused as to why there is 2 batteries each with its own 3 position switch.......how does that work?
Attached Thumbnails Look what I ran across-big-chief-08-012.jpg   Look what I ran across-big-chief-08-013.jpg  

Last edited by pullmytrigger; 08-06-2008 at 12:11 AM.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:25 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
Finally got out boating with Chuck and Thunderstruck last weekend.......He is really enjoying the boat.....Ive never actually seen an AT before......went out for a ride, after driving it my impressions were that in the turns the thing is on rails and very crisp, wow....and it seems like like the whole boat is machined from a solid piece of billet, not a hint of flex in the entire boat......the procharged 502s will really pick up the revs and go!.......trimmed in and pitched it in to some fast turns at about 70 in some 1-2s......rails, glued,nice......the people in the boat enjoyed the high G load but wernt afraid.......useable roomy cabin too. I could hang out in there for hours. We're a little confused as to why there is 2 batteries each with its own 3 position switch.......how does that work?
What do you think we have been telling people about the ride of this hull?

There are two schools of wiring batteries. You can wire each engine to either battery via switch; OR you can wire each battery to either engine (alternator) via switch.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Mine is/was the same way. I added a 3rd battery and now the 2 on both switches goes to the 3rd battery.

Run them both on #1 on the switches. Each engine will charge one of the batteries that way.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"...Ive never actually seen an AT before"

Seeing is believing.
Now you should take one out in some big water and see how/where it really shines!