Awesome Weekend In Pompano

Notices

Awesome Weekend In Pompano

Old 03-03-2002, 04:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Awesome Weekend In Pompano

There are not enough words of gratitude that I can say on what a kick ass weekend I had. First of all the ride was better than great, 76 mph in 5-7 footers with mad man Pat behind the wheel, and we still had more left. We took turns at 55 mph in 3 to 6 seas, the boat handled flawlessly. The boat actually rides on air as it comes off one of those monster waves, not a creek or a grown, it was unbelievable, this hull can handle alot more power, thats why Sandy and I elected to go with Keith Eichert motor and are deciding on the Bmax or the Imco Extreme sc drives with lab finished props. The motors produce 675 hp in the blower detuned configuration with a 1 year warranty, but with some pulley and belt changes and a intercooler the horsepower jumps to 860, it doesnt get any better than that, but that will be Pat and Steves project next year. We went with IRIS (lilac) cockpit, and blue haze in the cabin, all the colors gel real good together with the exterior, Thanks STEVE. Pat is working on a killer trick hatch to make clearance for the K.E. Blowers , oh yeah, you guys have'nt seen nothin yet, there is so much new trick super stout hardware going in these new boats, better than what Outerlimits and Cigarette's uses, These boats will be the talk of the future, mark my words.

Dan we got some Thong pics for you, she's not real pretty, but thats all I could do in a pinch, I will send them to you once I figure out how to do it, she's very muscular, we picked her up off the street, gave her 5 bucks and she said ok, oh yeah your boat is awesome, it looks killer in the water, great stance, it just had the motors in and the new double front bolsters, Pat and Steve went out in and we drove the Ford Pickup. The paint job looks great, but even better in the water, Those lightning bolts in conjunction to the water line look perfect, excellent stance, one mean machine. talk to ya guys later.

Last edited by JASSMAN; 03-03-2002 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-03-2002, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a great time. Good choice on the motors. Glad to hear you had a true Active Thunder water ride. 5-7 is what the boat loves. You must have had a great workout bailing out 55 gallon drums of water that was pouring through the transom without drives in the Thunderstorm.
Old 03-03-2002, 06:32 PM
Registered

JJ,

Glad you had a great time. Now give me the skinny on my boat. What was going on. Steve tells me you have something to tell me?????? COme on spill it for your fellow AT brother.
Old 03-03-2002, 06:32 PM
Registered

Jeff, sounds like you had an incredible weekend. It also sounds like this was your first ride in a 37 AVH. Is that true ? Pat is a wild man isn't he. He was a little more gentile with us as tbikini was not so sure about going 80 mph in the ocean in 6 foot seas where there are sharks. But the bottom line is, that is one awesome hull.

That is some big power you are putting in that puppy What kind of top speeds are you looking at ?

By the way does Thunderdan know you were rockin and rollin in his boat ?
Old 03-03-2002, 07:27 PM
Registered
Platinum Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jassman, the KE 675's with B-Max's are the choice I made for my 38' PowerPlay. I don't think the IMCOs will hold up with all the torque that the 675's have! I visited IMCO out in CA and they are using the XR 4" upper gear set in there housing, I believe there housing might be the way to go BUT, it is using the XR gears and talking to drive guys the gears are the part that is failing. Dean will warrenty the B-Max for a year and IMCO will only warrenty there housing. I even looked at #5s. Let me know what you decid. Robbie
Old 03-03-2002, 07:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Robbie, what about the new extreme sc vs bmax, about 2500 a piece difference. The sc looks more stout the std imco, correct me if Im wrong
Old 03-03-2002, 07:34 PM
Registered

Rockin and roolin in my boat, I hope not Pat and Steve know what I was like about people in my boat with shoes on...if so some one has a lot of explaining to do

How was my boat in the water without the motors and drives. Steve and Pat are my motors and drives already in and rigged???
Old 03-03-2002, 07:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hey H20 and Tbikini, yes that was the first ride in a 37 with 500efis, big difference with the bigger power. I have been in a 32 also a nice boat. It was a blast working with both those guys, picking stuff out, the day went way to quick. Im looking for a speed somewhere in the 104-107 range with those bad boy Eickerts.
Old 03-03-2002, 08:00 PM
Registered
Platinum Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jassman, I talked with Dave at IMCO and it was concerning the new Extreme SC, IMCO will only warrenty the housing, not the internal failures. Also, Dave said anything close to the 10,000 lb. weight was at the upper end of the SC's capablity and they did not have any out running in our application. It's to bad because the SC has better flow accross the lower. There is a Rod @ Performance Marine up in WI that use the B-Max upper mated to the IMCO lower. I wish I could go that direction but the cost is quite-a-bit more. Nor-Tech has bought 20 drives from Dean and is putting them on the large 43' & 50's with big HP. Let me know what you think, Robbie
Old 03-03-2002, 08:12 PM
OopSeaDazey

Jassman and DEFY'N GRAVITY need to hook up and see which boat is the REAL offshore king...sounds like the Thunder has a lot more speed, but those Powerplays are supposed to be good in rough water, well at least the 33's are. Any chance you guys will go out and run?

Quick Reply: Awesome Weekend In Pompano

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.