Who needs a AT when... >

Who needs a AT when...

Notices

Who needs a AT when...

Old 10-10-2008, 01:34 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

In a nutshell, the DDC design is the step and pad bottom put together into one package.

The 37, 33, and 43 Active Thunders are all scaled versions of each other.

The 33 Challenger only shares the design mentioned in previously.

TONS of great reading here:
http://www.schoellmarine.com/
Old 10-10-2008, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have worked for Challenger and Active Thunder both and there is no way that the Challenger could ever compare to an Actice Thunder in any way! By the way I had a lot of seat time in that very boat and on it's best day, going down hill with a tailwind it was only good for 68mph.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:09 PM
Registered

Thanks much for the education guy's. We had no idea when we bought our AT that this was not exclusive to AT and not owned by Pat.

Even when we met Harry, and talked with him about the hull and his "other ventures", we did not realize the situation. Thanks much for the info.

Please don't take this post the wrong way. I have not been on the forum for a while and was trying to have fun with Pat.

I am however curious about the coincidence with the Challenger 33 and the AT 33. That was the real purpose of the post.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:44 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

dosent Regal boats have a licence for the bottom as well??
Old 10-11-2008, 06:50 AM
Registered

yeah, anymore if you want a one of a kind exclusive hull you have to go with a apache, there might be one other out there but I can't think of it right now.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

http://www.schoellmarine.com/innovations.htm

Harry designed the DDC for our existing hulls. I know he did the Challenger, Larson and Infiniity as well.

Where others guessed and built, I chose Harry's design after riding in the Inifiniti one Saturday afternoon at the Tiki Bar.

We were down there for the SBI races and I was standing on the dock drinking a (fill in the blank). Harry was at the dock and wanted me to go out for a quick ride to check out the Pulse-drive he had just come out with.

I was so impressed with the ride that I had him design it for the 37! After a few years of building the 37 DDC I knew I needed it in the 32. However the 32 needed a little revamping and everybody expressed an interest in a larger cockpit and a little more cabin headroom. Hence the 32 was retired and the 33 was born. Again, with the DDC patented bottom. The 33 is an exact duplicate of the 37 where the step is proportional to the length and width.

I don't know enough about the Challenger to comment nor do I know why the design did not work as well from a performance stand point. Maybe the thing ways a ton or the "X" is in the basement? That would be my speculation.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

BTW be sure to check this insane design Harry is working on. Since he is a few doors down I have had the treat of watching him bring this to where it is today.

UNBELIEVABLE!

http://www.cyclonepower.com/
Old 10-12-2008, 05:37 PM
Registered

WOW That is a concept that is really out there. Great idea if he can make it work

Thanks for the emails Pat.