Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by R Addiction
JOTJ 2009!!

Awesome. Thanks for the pic.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by My Addiction
Im pretty sure my X dim is 2", center of prop shaft is 2" below hull. stellings box and 1" lower spacer, I might remove the box and get a shortie over the winter. Im running a 26 B1 with 11% slip. 73.5 mph at 5000
My old 25 with 26 pitch ran 74 on gps, but it porpoise at WOT bad and my buddy that has it now still has the porpoise problem even had the bottom blueprinted, and tried different props cant get rid of the problem.
Attached Thumbnails Show us your ACTIVE THUNDER-100_0980.jpg  
Old 12-28-2009, 11:50 AM
Registered

I've been living in the Seattle area for a few months now and have learned some northwest boating terms.......like "parka" and "winterize"

Old 12-28-2009, 05:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rssteiny
My old 25 with 26 pitch ran 74 on gps, but it porpoise at WOT bad and my buddy that has it now still has the porpoise problem even had the bottom blueprinted, and tried different props cant get rid of the problem.
I only have that porpoise problem if the water is flat, a little chop and it smooths out. have you guys tried adding cup to the prop? Thats somtehing I was thinking might help, but not sure. I got a little more speed out of a stock 28 B1, But bottom and mid rpm was terrible. Does that even make sense.
Not messing with the box this year
Old 12-28-2009, 08:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by My Addiction
I only have that porpoise problem if the water is flat, a little chop and it smooths out. have you guys tried adding cup to the prop? Thats somtehing I was thinking might help, but not sure. I got a little more speed out of a stock 28 B1, But bottom and mid rpm was terrible. Does that even make sense.
Not messing with the box this year
28 would take away on bottom and mid range and pick up top end if you still get within 200 rpms of the 26, and the 25 is on flat water all the time.