The dyno is running late tonight

Notices

The dyno is running late tonight

Old 07-11-2009, 03:24 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, you have a very nice boat! I hate that the 34's
I had did not work for you. Thats crazy what they did. I would have never believed that it was that sensitive to diameter.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Mike! Have fun at Jamin! How bout some dyno numbers?
Old 07-11-2009, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

I'll post the sheets and some pics in a little while. One made 717hp and the other made 710hp. The dyno is pretty conservative. That is an honest hp number and they will make that or more on any dyno. I was pleased with the numbers for what it is. I didn't do any port work to the heads except cleaning up the chambers. They are as cast Pro 1's. They are some pretty tame engines that should last a long time.
Eddie
Old 07-12-2009, 12:08 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats Mike! nice meeting you and the Mrs at the Kentucky run .... good luck
Old 07-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Young Performance
We finished the testing and tuning at about 8:00 last night. It was a long day on the water but I wasn't letting it go until it was tuned 100%. We had an interesting day with 2 bad batteries, a hatch that would not open, etc. I did a ton of tuning for nothing. When we first started, the engines were real rich, which didn't make any sense, since they were on the money on the dyno. Come to find out, the weak batteries were causing the ignition to be weak and not have a complete burn of the fuel. I leaned the engines quite a bit, but then had to keep richening them after we put in the new batteries. After tuning all day, I ended up right back where I started at the beginning of the day. That was the same place they were at on the dyno. So, I worked on them all day for nothing. Anyway, they are right now and Mike is on his way to the poker run. It has been a LONG two weeks getting them done. I pulled an all nighter several times. I started installing them on Tues at 5:00 pm and walked out of the shop at 6:30 am on Wed. I left my wallet and camara on the trailer fender and took off down the road. After 30 minutes I realized what I did and went back to find them. I found the camara in the middle of the road, but no wallet. After cancelling all of the credit cards, I went to sleep at 9:30 am. I woke up at 11:00 am, after 1 1/2 hours of sleep and finished the boat. As I was working on it, a cop showed up with my wallet. Someone delivering papers found it in the road and turned it in to the police. Everything was still there, including the cash. There are still some good people out there.
It has been an ass buster, but well worth it. I'm sure Mike will have a good time with it.
Eddie
Nice job Eddie even after all that Bro i'm thinkin your luck is still better then ours
Old 07-12-2009, 01:33 PM
Registered

Oh man....if it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have $hit. I try not to rely on luck and just take my time, double and triple check everything and bust my a$$ instead.
You get back up and running yet Bill?
Old 07-13-2009, 07:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Oh man....if it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have $hit. I try not to rely on luck and just take my time, double and triple check everything and bust my a$$ instead.
You get back up and running yet Bill?
bust my a$$ instead OH YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

waiting on parts BIG Daddy ,heading home from the river in a couple hours i'll give you a call when im on the road
Old 07-14-2009, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

A huge Thank You to Eddie for a great set of engines. I'll post more tonight but right now I've got some work to catch up on.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:10 AM
Registered

My pleasure. Thank you.