HELP !!! Need overall length dim of a 37 AT on Myco Aluminum Trailer >

HELP !!! Need overall length dim of a 37 AT on Myco Aluminum Trailer

Notices

HELP !!! Need overall length dim of a 37 AT on Myco Aluminum Trailer

Old 07-18-2009, 01:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation HELP !!! Need overall length dim of a 37 AT on Myco Aluminum Trailer

I am getting ready to start extending my garage on Monday and I am finding a discrepancy on the overall length dimensions that I have for the 37 AT on a Myco aluminum trailer. The dimension that I need is a measurement from the tip of the coupler at the front of the trailer to the longest point at the stern of the boat being either the swim platform or the drives which ever sticks out most. The dimensions would be with the drives down. Any help would certainly be appreciated as I am in a little crunch on time.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:45 PM
Registered

mine is 43' on a Nextrail aluminum trailer
Old 07-18-2009, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would think 48' would do it.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Exclamation 37 AT on Myco aluminum trailer

Originally Posted by slboatdrinks
I would think 48' would do it.

I am hoping that somthing around 42' will do it on a myco trailer. That is why I need an exact measurment with the 37 AT on a Myco aluminum trailer. I have certain limits that I can extend economically.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:49 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

I would think 42-43 is the minimum and the exact measurement will probably vary slightly.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:17 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I'll go out and measure in a few minutes.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:44 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

42' from my coupler to the aft of my 380 tabs with the drives trimmed in. (Tabs are about 1/2" longer than drives when drives are tucked to transom.)

~43' with the drives trimmed out.

I have a 2005 Myco with Electric/Hydraulic brakes which means my coupler is shorter than if you have Surge Brakes.

DON'T SKIMP!! Make it 50' deep. That way you don't have to pull the boat out to change props, change drive fluid, change the oil, etc. etc.; and you don't have to get out of your truck to trim the drives down when you get home from towing. Also, someone kicked my chocks, and I went a little too deep backing in once, bumped a cardboard box & got lucky on that one.

My building is 60' deep, and with another 10' I could have backed my dually in and left it all hooked up; damnet. I should have listened to a friend on that one. Then I would have almost a whole extra bay when I wanted it.

Remember, the garage door sits inside the building by a couple inches depending on track/system/setup, so measure carefully.

Also, your boat has a custom platform, a bit different than mine, IIRC. Check with Pat on Monday if you are going that tight to measurements.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 07-19-2009 at 11:15 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:23 PM
Registered

Brian I will check mine with the surge to see where it sits.

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
42' from my coupler to the aft of my 380 tabs with the drives trimmed in. (Tabs are about 1/2" longer than drives when drives are tucked to transom.)

~43' with the drives trimmed out.

I have a 2005 Myco with Electric/Hydraulic brakes which means my coupler is shorter than if you have Surge Brakes.

DON'T SKIMP!! Make it 50' deep. That way you don't have to pull the boat out to change props, change drive fluid, change the oil, etc. etc.; and you don't have to get out of your truck to trim the drives down when you get home from towing. Also, someone kicked my chocks, and I went a little too deep backing in once, bumped a cardboard box & got lucky on that one.

My building is 60' deep, and with another 10' I could have backed my dually in and left it all hooked up; damnet. I should have listened to a friend on that one. Then I would have almost a whole extra bay when I wanted it.

Remember, the garage door sits inside the building by a couple inches depending on track/system/setup, so measure carefully.

Also, your boat has a custom platform, a bit different than mine, IIRC. Check with Pat on Monday if you are going that tight to measurements.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:30 PM
Registered

You will need 44' min to clear it on the Mclain surge trailer.