Notices

37 Excess

Old 08-14-2009, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That would be dead on ! Best people I have met to date, awesome ride no doubt. Looking forward to see how the 43 runs for sure.

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
IIRC, Pat was heading directly at the beach, running about 60mph through 4 foot swells or so. Hands off the wheel and sticks, talking like an Italian (which is weird because he is Irish); and at some distance from the beach that should have been measured in feet vs. yards, he yanks the wheel, pulls a 180* sweeper and head back out to sea.

Laz/Linda is that about right?

We took OSO member "Hot Duck" for a ride in Key West in 'Color of Money'; and Pat put set the sticks to around 75mph (700/NXT boat) aimed the boat at a 6 foot wake off the back of a sport fisher, turned wheel right before we launched, crossed his arms and let the boat ride it out. That one was interesting too.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if these run so well why are the not any race boats?.. i would love to see one of these run with a ZRC ...

Not hater.. I really like these boats and will more than likley own one, one day..

maybe im just not educated...
Old 08-14-2009, 12:54 PM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2 yrs ago coming back from K.W. races we out ran a 43 Nortech at night in 6-8's....
the Nortech rode so bad it sloshed all the gas out of it and we had to go rescue him and tow it in
Old 08-14-2009, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckbeecher
2 yrs ago coming back from K.W. races we out ran a 43 Nortech at night in 6-8's....
the Nortech rode so bad it sloshed all the gas out of it and we had to go rescue him and tow it in
Now Chuck be nice.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

What about this one??

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o29872-en.html
Old 08-14-2009, 08:46 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by kjm5125
That boat is personally owned by another Factory Rep. similar to myself. It was tested by Poker Runs America magazine.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckbeecher

now that was funny...LOL

I'm hear to tell you that the 37 A.T. is a great boat. The newer ones are even better in all aspects vs the 03 I had.. Radio Active. Fit and finish has improved through out the years, and for the coin is extremely hard to beat. The single step definitely works, handles rough water, but you need a 1/2 hour or so with Pat in rough water to fully appreciate how to extract the best on this hull. My 00 SS TG was the worst boat Ive owned, you could feel it sliding on a somewhat aggressive turn at 45mph. My last ride in a 33 and 37 was 07..I would consider another A.T.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Great recommendation and that's why I'm intrigued with these boats. You seem to get "Value" when you purchase.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kjm5125
NOW your talkin'!!

Back when I was looking to upgrade I had the opportunity to get some seat time in a 38 TG TS in some very rough water. Oh my, I wanted one bad! Looked very hard at used ones for a year. Then decided to fly down to Pampano for one of Pat's infamous rides.

Sold!

There are alot of folks who say the TG is the benchmark in ride quality, and I can say the AT is right there with it. Where this boat really wins is the deep cockpit and cabin. The side by side setup is the bomb. Just love it. (And with the side by side you get both fuel fills on the same side of the boat.) VERY convenient. But, I love the spacious cabin even more. It really is a treat to weekend on. Cig don't offer that!

Last edited by Macklin; 08-16-2009 at 08:17 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Macklin

There are alot of folks who say the TG is the benchmark in ride quality. I won't argue that,
I believe statements like that put you close to having to turn in your tunic and your Cult membership cancelled.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.