Notices

37 Excess

Old 08-13-2009, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 37 Excess

How does the 37 handle the rough water. I'm talking about Lake Erie. For comparison sake, how would you compare the ride against a 38 Top Gun or a 382 Fastech?
Old 08-13-2009, 09:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kjm5125
How does the 37 handle the rough water. I'm talking about Lake Erie. For comparison sake, how would you compare the ride against a 38 Top Gun or a 382 Fastech?
Better than any of them
Old 08-13-2009, 10:35 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Come down to Ft. Lauderdale for a visit and we'll show you. You will definately be surprised.

Check out these two links:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/2043173-post82.html

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/a...run-recap.html
Old 08-14-2009, 03:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 37 in lake erie and there is no comparison ! Runs thru it with ease, best choice we have made, wife and kids love the ride in the rough.

Old 08-14-2009, 07:06 AM
Registered

Sydwayz, thanks for the offer. I've always been intrigued by these boats. If I make a move, it will be in the next 6-8 weeks.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by laszlo01
I have a 37 in lake erie and there is no comparison ! Runs thru it with ease, best choice we have made, wife and kids love the ride in the rough.

Good information to have, what other boats have you been on in Lake Erie? These boats seem to be constructed quite well. My point is ride and comfort as well as construction of the 37. I don't want thinks breaking in the cabin and cockpit.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:46 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

I've had my personal boat 15+ feet in the air on the Chicago Poker Run and have run some distance in rough 4-6-8 chop/swells in the Atlantic on more than one occasion. This was all before I became involved with Pat and these boats as a Factory Rep. After the Chicago Poker Run, I went through the boat and only found one loose screw in the cabin, and it was probably loose before I started as the hole was stripped. This was also not a structural part. On the 37, you have the option of a drop in cabin liner which makes the entire cabin structure one piece. I think you will like this option for your boat.

Since then, I've been on even more rough water trips in these boats; and I can't tell you how well these boats ride. You just have to experience it.

Here is an excerpt from one of my previous posts:
"The way the dual-hull (DDC) rides is just indescribable. The step comes to a very sharp point at the very center of the keel; the line that is followed from the nose. From the step back to the transom is a somewhat flat pad, that has strakes built into it for accurate tracking. This basically allows the sharp point of the step to land first, and split the water in two, and then the pad carries the boat straight and level with no chine-walk/teeder. With such a dramatic single step, the boat ALWAYS, ALWAYS turns on this one step, at 30, 50, 70, 90 mph. Boats with multiple steps get into a disagreement with the driver on which step to pivot on, at any given situation, and this is how multiple step boats get out of shape in turns. I'll leave it at that. The AT is a single 4" step. Some of the other manufacturers are using 2-2" steps for the same level of efficiency, and angle of attack. Its a pretty well known fact that Cigarette and Fountain did NOT get their single step hulls right. Its a shame that too many folks think a single step does not work, just because they did not get it right.

The 33, 37, and 43 use the same design bottom. The 33 is literally a 9/10s scale version of the 37.
Here is some information on the architect of the DDC hull:
http://www.schoellmarine.com/innovations.htm
And the patent itself: High Speed Planning Hull Re. #36879"

Harry Schoell & Company is just a few doors down from the AT Factory. A trip down to him is referred to "off to the the Wizard." It's pretty convenient having a renowned marine architect just down the street. Accordingly, he is intimately involved with the way these boats are put together.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I belong to a offshore group here on lake erie and have riden in almost every brand, anyone that has ridin in my 37 loves it hands down, i will run it in 4-5 footers at 60 mph which is cruise by the way and have no pounding or beating on the passengers, we have had it out in 6 foot roolers with a 4 foot chop and 25 mph winds with our kids and was still a great ride, never had to back off the throttle for a couple of waves that would have pounded any other boat for sure, even made me cringe at first but now i am getting used to it and just throttle right into them. Construction is excellent as well as comfort and ride, no rattle or flex, I am quite sure we made the best decision in the durability and performance of the A/T with out trying to sound like a commercial. LOL If you are up this way you are welcome to jump onboard for a ride you will never forget. Our demo ride with Pat is to this day the best ride we have ever had. We love ours for sure.

Good information to have, what other boats have you been on in Lake Erie? These boats seem to be constructed quite well. My point is ride and comfort as well as construction of the 37. I don't want thinks breaking in the cabin and cockpit.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:14 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Our demo ride with Pat is to this day the best ride we have ever had. We love ours for sure.
IIRC, Pat was heading directly at the beach, running about 60mph through 4 foot swells or so. Hands off the wheel and sticks, talking like an Italian (which is weird because he is Irish); and at some distance from the beach that should have been measured in feet vs. yards, he yanks the wheel, pulls a 180* sweeper and head back out to sea.

Laz/Linda is that about right?

We took OSO member "Hot Duck" for a ride in Key West in 'Color of Money'; and Pat put set the sticks to around 75mph (700/NXT boat) aimed the boat at a 6 foot wake off the back of a sport fisher, turned wheel right before we launched, crossed his arms and let the boat ride it out. That one was interesting too.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:31 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our demo ride with Pat is to this day the best ride we have ever had. We love ours for sure.
We haven't forgot ours either. What a ride that was at 60 in 6-8s

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.