Notices

Used 32??

Old 10-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Used 32??

Hey everyone! Well, after looking around for some time now I think I've decided that my next boat will be a 32 AT. I really like the 28 Pantera but the layout of the cabin I'm not very thrilled about. The 28 AT is very nice, but I'm trying to avoid only having it for a couple years and stepping up to a 32. The lake I boat on a 32 will be perfect. I enjoy overnighting and the cabin layout seems great in an AT! My g/f and I both have boats and actually met out on the boats! She enjoys boating as much as I do, an eventually we will not need two of them. We're not ready to buy until next fall we're thinking, but just a little curious what we could expect to pay for a used 32? Stock power, probably 500's would be plenty enough. That should get us into the high 70's to low 80's I would think? Any years we should try to avoid? We were hoping to stay in the 40-50k range, cash buyers. Any info would be great!! Hopefully this time next year we'll own a new to us AT!!! Thanks everyone!
Old 10-13-2009, 08:27 AM
Registered

You are making a good choice, although 40-50K is going to be tough I would think. You would have to be looking at an older one. 500's will run in the low 80's I believe.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:46 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

You're not going to find a 32 with 500's for 40-50k, unless it needs a lot of work. That is also unlikely since AT guys take care of their boats.

You could PM KAAMA. He is selling his 1990 32 without power.

Last edited by Griff; 10-13-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

I know were a prestine 2001 or 2002 is, no way 40-50K buys it... I agree with everyone, you wont get one that is plug an play for anywhere near that. I would suspect 70K would be about average, even in this market.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very smart dicision i love my 32 and with stock 500s you will run low to mid 80s on a gps. the overnite cabin is great and the ride is unmatched. and did i mention the 32 will run in the big rough water with much bigger boats and still be in front. if i was to sell mine it would be 80k but mine is a bit special as it has things most dont and ill be pushing over 600 hp and running in the 90 this spring. good luck
Attached Thumbnails Used 32??-100_0207.jpg   Used 32??-pics-fit2-003.jpg   Used 32??-pics-fit-005.jpg  

Used 32??-pics-fit2-005.jpg  
Old 10-13-2009, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 28AT around 50k

but mine is a bit special as it has things most dont

You got that right! Audacity is sweet.

You might want to look @ New Moon for that price range; you will be pleasantly surprized with the cabin layout and space. Then you could move up in couple years and have the coin to get an 80k 32AT! My 28AT will be worth about the same in 2 yrs....Make me an offer; you might get lucky. Check out my ad & then come on down to NC for a ride,,,but not this week, its freakin' Cold.
spilly
Old 10-13-2009, 08:54 PM
Registered

Thanks for all the responses guys! I won't be ready to buy until at least this time next year. Like I said before, both my g/f and I have boats and we will both run them next year for the season and then decide if we are going to sell. With the sale of both and the two of us saving some we should be close to the 50k range about this time next year. Neither of us like loans on toys, so we will be paying cash when we do buy.

I did see a couple 32 AT's listed somewhere a couple weeks ago in the mid 50's for a 97 and a 99 I believe. So who knows, cash talks, maybe I can catch a break next year!!

Spilman- I've seen your boat listed too, very very nice! If we were ready now I would definitely consider it, but not sure if I want to step up again in a few years. I've already been through 3 boats in the past 5 years, and to tell you the truth I'm tired of being happy with it for 1/2 the season and then wanting something bigger, HA!! I suppose it's part of the disease...

Again, thanks to everyone, and I will hopefully be bringing this thread back to life sometime next year!!!

Oh, are there any years I should be looking out for for any reason? Obviously the new the better, but how far back is still a well made boat?