windscrean has little surface cracks >

windscrean has little surface cracks

Notices

windscrean has little surface cracks

Old 04-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default windscrean has little surface cracks

on a 09 boat....? looks like where they tried to bend it... not bad but not perfect....

what are the odds on getting a replacement?
Old 04-01-2010, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

I'm sure you can but it will do it do.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Registered

Are you talking about that little plexiglass thing? Mine is wrecked(bought it like that). Might have a blue one custom made this spring.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:15 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

It actually happens from the cockpit cover stressing and flexing the cover while towing. I strongly recommend putting some soft foam pipe insulation from Home Depot over the windscreen ANY time you install the cockpit cover.

We get them made down in Pompano. However, any plexi/plastic shop can do it. We have a company here in in Richmond that makes them for us out of Lexan. I think my replacement cost $88 bucks when they have a scrap strip they can cut to fit my size.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 04-02-2010 at 03:47 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default That always bothered me

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er
Are you talking about that little plexiglass thing? Mine is wrecked(bought it like that). Might have a blue one custom made this spring.
I replaced the lexan 1 time with white plexi and it looked cool but broke, the lexan is better, but what if you broke it up in 3 pieces? Always thought about that then there would be no stress, just a thought but a blue one would look cool.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
It actually happens from the cockpit cover stressing and flexing the cover while towing. I strongly recommend putting some soft foam pipe insulation from Home Depot over the windscreen ANY time you install the cockpit cover.

We get them made down in Pompano. However, any plexi/plastic shop can do it. We have a company here in in Richmond that makes them for us out of Lexan. I think my replacement cost $88 bucks.
Brian,

Just an fyi. It does not happen from the cockpit cover. My last one did it all by itself.
Steve
Old 04-02-2010, 08:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by risky
I replaced the lexan 1 time with white plexi and it looked cool but broke, the lexan is better, but what if you broke it up in 3 pieces? Always thought about that then there would be no stress, just a thought but a blue one would look cool.
A company I spoke to last year said that they could put the bends into the wndshield....then they wanted like $250 for a blue tint windshield, so I said "I'll pass."
Old 04-02-2010, 08:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz

We get them made down in Pompano. However, any plexi/plastic shop can do it. We have a company here in in Richmond that makes them for us out of Lexan. I think my replacement cost $88 bucks.
no way
Old 04-02-2010, 08:59 AM
Registered

If you using a straight peace and trying to bent it.. thats the true problem... i thought they were made with the binds already formed to fit the boat.

Last edited by customryder; 04-02-2010 at 09:01 AM.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting that this came up. This morning, my wife was 'hovering' as I was in the AT section and she pointed at a picture of Remedy.

She said, "I want one of those before we go out again!"

I said, "WOOOHOOO!!!!

She said, "not the whole boat, just the windscreen!"

So-o-o-o
Can you give me an idea of dimensions and material?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.