The KE 675's coming to life >

The KE 675's coming to life

Notices

The KE 675's coming to life

Old 05-21-2002, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The KE 675's coming to life

The exhaust is in and should be buttoned up today. Not as easy as it sounds, right Pat. Those motors should be hooked up to the hose today of tomorrow and fired for the first time. Like the father away from his baby I will be only able to witness this event by cell phone but it will be awesome. Just wanted to keep you all abreast of what is happenin.....
Old 05-21-2002, 03:45 PM
dreamcatcher

Thumbs up

Sweer Dan, can I call in on my cell phone and listen to the ThunderStorms first breath? What is the issue with connecting the exhaust?

Old 05-21-2002, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Dan, I am very excited for you! I remember when the engines were installed in my boat last year and wanted to "hear" them with the exhaust I am running. With the new season upon us and having the engines modified over the winter (heads fully ported by JimV, added a half a point of compression, and changed cam profiles); I am very excited to "hear" them again. Actually, the cams are a few degrees smaller of a profile than last year's cams---I like to try and make the engines sound like more of a sleeper with a smooth idle rather than a rough idle---plus the cams will make more power/torque down low where I cruise. Also, this way it makes shifting a whole lot easier on the drives, good drivability around the docks/boat traffic, and they're less apt to creat too much attention from the Marine cops/DNR.

Anyway, I have talked to Keith about his 675 engine about a year ago. He builds some awesome looking bullets and I'm sure they will perform and sound great...especially with the fuel injection which makes idling silky smooth and manuvering/drivability much easier around the docks....and then when you get to the open waters and add a little boost, those KE 675's will come on like GANG BUSTERS! I'm sure you'll have a load of fun and I wish you the best with your new boat.

Last edited by KAAMA; 05-21-2002 at 03:49 PM.
Old 05-21-2002, 04:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Dan, hook up your 4 way calling, so we all can hear at one and same time. Just a short time away, I can't wait Then mines next.
Old 05-21-2002, 05:37 PM
Registered

Have Steve record it and post the sound bite
Old 05-21-2002, 07:39 PM
Registered

Kamma-you are right on about how great it is to hear that sound. It seems as if those are some real nice motors you have there. Good Luck with them.

Dreamcatcher-the tailstocks were a ***** to get plumbed in. But they figured it out. You and JJ will benefit greatly in time from these little trying experiences. But as always Pat and Tim and AT figured it out.

JJ-you are getting closer. I will check your boat out and snap a few pics for you when I go down for the sea trial.

H20- HOW do you do that????

Thanks for all the comments-tomorrow morning will be the AWAKINING!!!!!!!!

Last edited by thunderdan; 05-21-2002 at 07:43 PM.