Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by My Addiction
Is it a PonToon Boat
Bingo! Very good.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jmeng
+1 I don't want to go to a sport cruiser but I wish more performance boat builders would put some room in the cockpit. Sunsation, Fountain, Donzi, etc all have tiny cockpits.
I think our cockpit is very adequate. It handles 4 adults very comfortably and 6 with ease.

The problem I see is a skipper who has no idea what is going on with his passengers that are behind him. I won't even entertain 'hanging the boat out' with more than 1 passenger sitting right next to me that I can see. And I will run a little harder if I have 4 but the 2 in back of me are standing and are well positioned behind the bolster and grab handles. And then if I screw up, they are on the floor or worse.

You guys want to pack a family with kids in a go-fast and run you are being careless.

I have no problem saying that when I wanted a family boat for Diane and I and the kids I bought a 21' Malibu Wakesetter. 45 mph WOT. Small block V8. Very nice product that I would recommend to my friends.

And, in closing, an 80 mph bowrider is very good way to destroy somebody's spine. The closer to the back of the boat, the least amount of movement. You won't see AT build this recipe to disaster in the near future. Not even for money.

On the other hand the OB performance boat will give the passengers the least amount of 'bounce' with the cockpit you guys are looking for.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 4,322 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Minivan? not in my life time, but I do have an Excursion
To say that I`m being careless because I have a family and a fast boat? Thats crap, its called a throttle and guess what I control it.

Whats next I`m being careless cause I take my daughter to school in a sports car?

Baja sold a $hitload of boats for a reason, cause once you see the cockpit you`re sold, not even a 42 Fountain comes close and thats pathetic.
Guess everyone buy according to their needs, I`m not racing around balls out on Lake Michigan all day i`m enjoying the water and sun with family and friends, not being cramped is high on my priority list

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 04-28-2011 at 08:12 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Baja sold a $hitload of boats for a reason,
Production.... Dodge sold a lot of minivans too.

Im just bustin your balls man. You wanna sell me that AT sweatshirt?.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sneek that camera in for a shot of this "AT PTB 260". That has a nice ring to it, if that what your gonna call it.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:45 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Uh oh....Lesley wants another Pontoon boat!
Old 04-28-2011, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
I think our cockpit is very adequate. It handles 4 adults very comfortably and 6 with ease.

The problem I see is a skipper who has no idea what is going on with his passengers that are behind him. I won't even entertain 'hanging the boat out' with more than 1 passenger sitting right next to me that I can see. And I will run a little harder if I have 4 but the 2 in back of me are standing and are well positioned behind the bolster and grab handles. And then if I screw up, they are on the floor or worse.

You guys want to pack a family with kids in a go-fast and run you are being careless.

I have no problem saying that when I wanted a family boat for Diane and I and the kids I bought a 21' Malibu Wakesetter. 45 mph WOT. Small block V8. Very nice product that I would recommend to my friends.

And, in closing, an 80 mph bowrider is very good way to destroy somebody's spine. The closer to the back of the boat, the least amount of movement. You won't see AT build this recipe to disaster in the near future. Not even for money.

On the other hand the OB performance boat will give the passengers the least amount of 'bounce' with the cockpit you guys are looking for.
Never been around the smaller AT's but the 37 I saw had a nice size cockpit. I want room to bring 5 passengers with me and not be sitting on each others laps. 6 people is usually my max. Just because I have the room doesn't mean I want to bring 18 people out. But its nice to have room for icechests or just to hang out when rafted up. Different strokes for different folks but I have way more fun going out and running 50 with my friends in the boat for the day than going out by myself and blasting around at WOT for an hour.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL

Whats next I`m being careless cause I take my daughter to school in a sports car?
Your sports car has seatbelts.

All I am saying, for the most part, having a bunch of people bouncing around at 75 is a recipe for disaster.

Now if you just want to go out and raft, different story.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by R Addiction
Uh oh....Lesley wants another Pontoon boat!
26 AT PTB is just right for you! Lotsa room for those jello-shots.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:29 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
All I am saying, for the most part, having a bunch of people bouncing around at 75 is a recipe for disaster.

And 5 days after I brought my brand new AT home, June 19th, 1999, I found out the hard way. Most of you know the story.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.