Notices

Trim bezels

Old 01-24-2012, 10:44 AM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trim bezels

Hey everyone ,

Looking for some info on replacing my trim bezels above my steering wheel (14 carlin switches) and in the cabin above my radio (6 switches) on my 97 tantrum.

Does anyone know what material the bezels are made of? lexan or plexiglass?

Also there is a white coating on the back side. That when in engraved and then painted the words show up on the front side.

Lastly what type of paint was used to paint the engraving on the back side of the bezel?

My goal is for it to be factory, my bezels have craked and look crappy.

Thanks in advanced,
RJ

PS: At work we have a Haas CNC machine and the engineer can duplicate my bezels for me. Thats why I am look for the material used.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by classclown
Hey everyone ,

Looking for some info on replacing my trim bezels above my steering wheel (14 carlin switches) and in the cabin above my radio (6 switches) on my 97 tantrum.

Also there is a white coating on the back side. That when in engraved and then painted the words show up on the front side.

Lastly what type of paint was used to paint the engraving on the back side of the bezel?

Thanks in advanced,
RJ

PS: At work we have a Haas CNC machine and the engineer can duplicate my bezels for me. Thats why I am look for the material used.
It's common in sign shops. We haven't used that process in quite a while but I bet your local sign maker can get the material. Signs like in offices with names, etc. engraved in them.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by classclown
Hey everyone ,

Thanks in advanced,
RJ

I have one corner on mine that looks crappy also. Pat gave me a name of his current supplier but unfortunately they can't reproduce they original. Let me know what you end up doing. Won't mind keeping it original also.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:10 AM
A.T. Cult Member #4
VIP Member

I also would like to get mine done.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:11 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I had my trim/tab plate done in aluminum. May change it back.