32 in the classifieds >

32 in the classifieds

Notices

32 in the classifieds

Old 02-25-2012, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

How can someone say a boat they have never seen and know nothing about is not worth a given asking price? Just curious.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by laszlo01
They listed it for $35k and next day put it at $45k. At 35k is worth looking at. Trying to find out who knew the boat and its past.
I know a bit about the boat. I've known it since new. Call 1 847 816 8468. Mark. I don't work for the seller but I do know the seller sold the boat new and also probably has some if not all service records on file. The seller was a Sunsation and A.T. dealer back in the day. I bought My 1994 24A.T. from them. It is the sister to the one for sale. Both boats sold new at the Racine in water boat show on lake MI. if I'm not mistaken. The 32 is a nice boat and worth looking at. When I say nice, I don't mean nice for the age. I mean it is a nice boat.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cannon8468
I know a bit about the boat. I've known it since new. Call 1 847 816 8468. Mark. I don't work for the seller but I do know the seller sold the boat new and also probably has some if not all service records on file. The seller was a Sunsation and A.T. dealer back in the day. I bought My 1994 24A.T. from them. It is the sister to the one for sale. Both boats sold new at the Racine in water boat show on lake MI. if I'm not mistaken. The 32 is a nice boat and worth looking at. When I say nice, I don't mean nice for the age. I mean it is a nice boat.
Thank you will pass your number along to my friend.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

How can someone say a boat they have never seen and know nothing about is not worth a given asking price? Just curious.
Its just my opinion. Its a good buy at 35k and may be worth 40, but the boat is almost 20yrs old too. And to raise the price 10k in a days time is a little much. IMO
Old 02-28-2012, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Curious, how were the quality of the "Thunder" boats??? I recall reading about a few of them needing major work, like transoms, stringers, etc. I was also in one years ago from chicago, I think it was a 1991 32. I remember the cabin floor had gave way, and the only thing there was a thin layer of glass, as if the wood under it had broke away. I believe it was fixed by laying a piece of plywood on the floor and putting the carpet back over it.

Granted all old boats end up needing some kind of work, and can rot. But the couple boats I am talking about were not salvage boats or neglected out in the rain for years.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Thunder Boats" were Pre-Pat boats and definitely did not have the level of quality as a Pat boat. That's not to say they weren't good boats though.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er
"Thunder Boats" were Pre-Pat boats and definitely did not have the level of quality as a Pat boat. That's not to say they weren't good boats though.
We are actually talking about 3 generations of Thunder. '94 & '95 are called "Cannon Powerboats" My 94 has a few air voids I blame the MFR for but other than that it seems rock solid and has about 1500 hrs. on it. PS I run it hard on Lake MI and Lake Ozark as well as Poker Runs and other local events.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We are actually talking about 3 generations of Thunder. '94 & '95 are called "Cannon Powerboats" My 94 has a few air voids I blame the MFR for but other than that it seems rock solid and has about 1500 hrs. on it. PS I run it hard on Lake MI and Lake Ozark as well as Poker Runs and other local events.
Hmmm...Cannon Powerboats is news to me! Like I said, Thunder boats are good boats as there are still a lot of them around. I just think Pat stepped it up a notch when he took over.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:39 PM
Registered

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er
Hmmm...Cannon Powerboats is news to me! Like I said, Thunder boats are good boats as there are still a lot of them around. I just think Pat stepped it up a notch when he took over.
I'll agree with that. As much as I love mine and it does look great, it is Plain Jane in comparison to the newer "Pat" Thunders built after 1995.
Perhaps a Pat boat would be a good idea for the wife's stocking stuffer next year.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:00 AM
Registered

Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts

So does anyone else have any info on this boat? It is not far from me, but I also dont know a lot about these and was wondering if anyone knew of any specific problems with it in particular or of these year boats in gerneral to look out for?