Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 59

Thread: Careers.

  1. #21
    Platinum Member Platinum Member T-RAV's Avatar
    My Boats:
    04 29 Baja Outlaw
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    League City, TX
    Posts
    835
    I'm a locomotive engineer for a class 1 railroad. Worked there since 2005 during which I put my wife through school and I promoted to an engineer. Now that she is employeed we live off my income and use hers for the boat and savings to buy a bigger boat!
    Last edited by T-RAV; 03-29-2012 at 01:24 PM.

  2. #22
    Registered
    My Boats:
    2003 Formula 271 Fastech
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    29
    It's very interesting I just found this thread. I also work for a class 1 railroad, I started when I was 19 and have saved a lot of money over the years to put me in the position I am in now. My wife will be a nurse practitioner in about 2 years, which has me considering quitting and going back to school because we will have everything paid off at that point. I was actually considering going back to school for finance, although the cfa seems very intimidating to me, I was looking more towards being a cfp. The railroad industry keeps getting worse in my opinion, and the home life is terrible. I'm sure t-rav can attest to that! By the way I just turned 30.
    Last edited by Irish; 03-29-2012 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Error

  3. #23
    Registered
    My Boats:
    n/a
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    It's very interesting I just found this thread. I also work for a class 1 railroad, I started when I was 19 and have saved a lot of money over the years to put me in the position I am in now. My wife will be a nurse practitioner in about 2 years, which has me considering quitting and going back to school because we will have everything paid off at that point. I was actually considering going back to school for finance, although the cfa seems very intimidating to me, I was looking more towards being a cfp. The railroad industry keeps getting worse in my opinion, and the home life is terrible. I'm sure t-rav can attest to that! By the way I just turned 30.
    I know quite a few cfps, this typically leads you into an advisor role, which by no means is a bad choice. Especially as the boomers begin retiring a lot of people are going to need advice, and there will be a lot of product to be sold. I thought about going that route myself but something about sales scares me. Those who I know that do it well live a very luxurious life but they definitely grind daily. I would definitely condone going either route. Coming from an automotive service degree/background, getting my bs in finance has turned out to be a very good choice so far. There's a ridiculous amount to learn.

  4. #24
    Registered
    My Boats:
    33 POWERPLAY
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lk. st. Clair MI
    Posts
    4,500
    I roll around in garbage cans and take bottles back for boat money. When that doesn't pan out I siphon gas from Kid288 and go boating.







    I paint cars I can never afford...

  5. #25
    Registered
    My Boats:
    dad's 94' sea ray 200 signature! 5.0 baby!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Laingsburg, Michigan
    Posts
    1,531
    Mights aswell, it came with over a half in one tank and over a 1/4 in the other! I was pumped! No pun intended..... LOL

  6. #26
    Platinum Member Platinum Member T-RAV's Avatar
    My Boats:
    04 29 Baja Outlaw
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    League City, TX
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J View Post
    I roll around in garbage cans and take bottles back for boat money. When that doesn't pan out I siphon gas from Kid288 and go boating.
    Are you hiring!

  7. #27
    Registered Platinum Member
    My Boats:
    2004 Cigarette Top Gun
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Gibraltar. MI.
    Posts
    151
    I'm a" Dirty Trucker" and deliver pizza's on the side

  8. #28
    Registered
    My Boats:
    dad's 94' sea ray 200 signature! 5.0 baby!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Laingsburg, Michigan
    Posts
    1,531
    Quote Originally Posted by FstBoats View Post
    I'm a" Dirty Trucker" and deliver pizza's on the side
    You better be delivering some reservations for Boyne thunder so we can talk **** to rich people dad!

  9. #29
    Gold Member Gold Member endeavor1's Avatar
    My Boats:
    43 Black Thunder
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    1,700
    Quote Originally Posted by T-RAV View Post
    I'm a locomotive engineer for a class 1 railroad. Worked there since 2005 during which I put my wife through school and I promoted to an engineer. Now that she is employeed we live off my income and use hers for the boat and savings to buy a bigger boat!
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    It's very interesting I just found this thread. I also work for a class 1 railroad, I started when I was 19 and have saved a lot of money over the years to put me in the position I am in now. My wife will be a nurse practitioner in about 2 years, which has me considering quitting and going back to school because we will have everything paid off at that point. I was actually considering going back to school for finance, although the cfa seems very intimidating to me, I was looking more towards being a cfp. The railroad industry keeps getting worse in my opinion, and the home life is terrible. I'm sure t-rav can attest to that! By the way I just turned 30.
    Which class 1's?

    I work for the BNSF as well as another member or two...

  10. #30
    Platinum Member Platinum Member T-RAV's Avatar
    My Boats:
    04 29 Baja Outlaw
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    League City, TX
    Posts
    835
    I'm with the bnsf too!
    Last edited by T-RAV; 03-30-2012 at 09:31 AM.


Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertisers


OSO Directory
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Original Poster In Postbit provided by Original Poster In Postbit v1.0.0 (Free) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.