Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Careers.

Platinum Member Platinum Member T-RAV's Avatar
    My Boats:
    04 29 Baja Outlaw
    I'm a locomotive engineer for a class 1 railroad. Worked there since 2005 during which I put my wife through school and I promoted to an engineer. Now that she is employeed we live off my income and use hers for the boat and savings to buy a bigger boat!
    Last edited by T-RAV; 03-29-2012 at 01:24 PM.

Registered
    My Boats:
    2003 Formula 271 Fastech
    It's very interesting I just found this thread. I also work for a class 1 railroad, I started when I was 19 and have saved a lot of money over the years to put me in the position I am in now. My wife will be a nurse practitioner in about 2 years, which has me considering quitting and going back to school because we will have everything paid off at that point. I was actually considering going back to school for finance, although the cfa seems very intimidating to me, I was looking more towards being a cfp. The railroad industry keeps getting worse in my opinion, and the home life is terrible. I'm sure t-rav can attest to that! By the way I just turned 30.
    Last edited by Irish; 03-29-2012 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Error

Registered
    My Boats:
    n/a
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    It's very interesting I just found this thread. I also work for a class 1 railroad, I started when I was 19 and have saved a lot of money over the years to put me in the position I am in now. My wife will be a nurse practitioner in about 2 years, which has me considering quitting and going back to school because we will have everything paid off at that point. I was actually considering going back to school for finance, although the cfa seems very intimidating to me, I was looking more towards being a cfp. The railroad industry keeps getting worse in my opinion, and the home life is terrible. I'm sure t-rav can attest to that! By the way I just turned 30.
    I know quite a few cfps, this typically leads you into an advisor role, which by no means is a bad choice. Especially as the boomers begin retiring a lot of people are going to need advice, and there will be a lot of product to be sold. I thought about going that route myself but something about sales scares me. Those who I know that do it well live a very luxurious life but they definitely grind daily. I would definitely condone going either route. Coming from an automotive service degree/background, getting my bs in finance has turned out to be a very good choice so far. There's a ridiculous amount to learn.

Registered
    My Boats:
    33 POWERPLAY
    I roll around in garbage cans and take bottles back for boat money. When that doesn't pan out I siphon gas from Kid288 and go boating.

I paint cars I can never afford...

Registered
    My Boats:
    dad's 94' sea ray 200 signature! 5.0 baby!
    Mights aswell, it came with over a half in one tank and over a 1/4 in the other! I was pumped! No pun intended..... LOL

My Boats:
    04 29 Baja Outlaw
    Quote Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J View Post
    I roll around in garbage cans and take bottles back for boat money. When that doesn't pan out I siphon gas from Kid288 and go boating.
    Are you hiring!

Registered Platinum Member
    My Boats:
    2004 Cigarette Top Gun
    I'm a" Dirty Trucker" and deliver pizza's on the side

Registered
    My Boats:
    dad's 94' sea ray 200 signature! 5.0 baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by FstBoats View Post
    I'm a" Dirty Trucker" and deliver pizza's on the side
    You better be delivering some reservations for Boyne thunder so we can talk **** to rich people dad!

Gold Member Gold Member endeavor1's Avatar
    My Boats:
    43 Black Thunder
    Quote Originally Posted by T-RAV View Post
    I'm a locomotive engineer for a class 1 railroad. Worked there since 2005 during which I put my wife through school and I promoted to an engineer. Now that she is employeed we live off my income and use hers for the boat and savings to buy a bigger boat!
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Which class 1's?

I work for the BNSF as well as another member or two...

My Boats:
    04 29 Baja Outlaw
    I'm with the bnsf too!
    Last edited by T-RAV; 03-30-2012 at 09:31 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast