Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Active Thunder
37 Active Thunder Restoration >

37 Active Thunder Restoration

Notices

37 Active Thunder Restoration

Old 12-14-2012, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My buddy bought it off me...I will keep you guys posted on anymore progress once the snow thaws. We have no good place to work on boats up here, so we go sledding in the winter instead! lol

I was looking for some motors back in the summer and found a complete turnkey boat for LESS than the price of a good set of motors! It was too nice to tear apart the new boat and I couldnt afford both, so the Active had to go.

But after I sold it to him, he had the engine bulkhead fiberglassed back up. It was totally rotten! Next would be floor work, also totally rotten.

He has drives now, just stock Bravos and is not sure about power yet. He's wanting some 500-600HP motors.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats to bad about the floor and engine bulkhead. Send your buddy this direction so we can see pics when he gets back on it. Good luck with your new to your ride and safe sledding.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:24 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

But 302Sport said it only needed some light cosmetic fiberglass repairs
Old 12-18-2012, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

I thought it did, Im no structural expert, that's what surveyors are for and Im guilty of never having it checked out either. One of the reasons I never had it checked is that all the AT guys told me that the boat was all foam cored with no wood in it, and AT dont rot. it is what it is, a sunk boat.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rambocj7
My buddy bought it off me...I will keep you guys posted on anymore progress once the snow thaws. We have no good place to work on boats up here, so we go sledding in the winter instead! lol

I was looking for some motors back in the summer and found a complete turnkey boat for LESS than the price of a good set of motors! It was too nice to tear apart the new boat and I couldnt afford both, so the Active had to go.

But after I sold it to him, he had the engine bulkhead fiberglassed back up. It was totally rotten! Next would be floor work, also totally rotten.

He has drives now, just stock Bravos and is not sure about power yet. He's wanting some 500-600HP motors.
How's this project going?
Old 06-21-2013, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My buddy is waiting on his current boat to sell to fund this project, so not much has been done. The parts I cut out on the inside in the bulkheads have been replaced/re-fiberglassed. Still needs floor and obviously full re-rig.