Forward bilge pump access >

Forward bilge pump access

Notices

Forward bilge pump access

Old 05-22-2012, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forward bilge pump access

Guys, where do I access my forward bilge pump from? I haven't heard it cycle at regular intervals as it was before winter storage so I'm thinking it never came back out of hibernation ('04 37 Excess, center entry for cabin).

Also is the dash switch for "auto bilge" a manual override to the timed operation?

Thanks
Old 05-24-2012, 09:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe access is under the step into the cabin, that's how my 33 center entry is.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 509 SC
I believe access is under the step into the cabin, that's how my 33 center entry is.
I have two steps in the cabin entrance do you know which one it'd be under? Looks like I have to fight the adhesive that holds the Amstrone down and I'd prefer to do it once Thanks
Old 05-25-2012, 10:03 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Top one.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:33 AM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

Do you not have an access door to it just under the head door?
Old 05-27-2012, 07:27 AM
Registered

Default Forward bilge pump

Not sure. There's what I guess they call Armstrong flooring bonded down and I have to remove it to see where the access panel is I was trying to avoid playing the guessing game on which step it's hidden under Brian tells me it's the top/taller step. Thanks Brian.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:10 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

If you look at the top step at the right angle, you will see a little circular outline under the Lonseal flooring. Their is a plug that sits on a shelf built into the step. This plug is for the bilge pump access. If you peel back the Lonseal on a hot day, you probably won't have much trouble pulling it back. You don't even have to remove it all the way, just peal it back like a frozen dinner covering, and slap it back down when done.

The Auto Bilge switch on the dash is really just an indicator. The Auto Bilge switches for the pumps in the engine room should be hard wired to the batteries. You can test this by reaching down and hitting the toggle on them; or actually test them by filling the bilge up with some water.

The computerized bilge pump in the cabin forward of the step is hard wired to the Cabin Power switch on your dash. I hated mine cycling when trying to sleep at night, so I have mine transfered to my Water Pump switch in the cabin.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This thread was invaluable to me! I was able to locate the bilge pump and hot wire it to come on...there must have been close to 100 gallons in the front of my boat from it sitting open with a hatch missing.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:36 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
If you look at the top step at the right angle, you will see a little circular outline under the Lonseal flooring. Their is a plug that sits on a shelf built into the step. This plug is for the bilge pump access. If you peel back the Lonseal on a hot day, you probably won't have much trouble pulling it back. You don't even have to remove it all the way, just peal it back like a frozen dinner covering, and slap it back down when done.

The Auto Bilge switch on the dash is really just an indicator. The Auto Bilge switches for the pumps in the engine room should be hard wired to the batteries. You can test this by reaching down and hitting the toggle on them; or actually test them by filling the bilge up with some water.

The computerized bilge pump in the cabin forward of the step is hard wired to the Cabin Power switch on your dash. I hated mine cycling when trying to sleep at night, so I have mine transfered to my Water Pump switch in the cabin.
FYI, my engine bilge pumps are wired to the auto switch on the dash. Found this out when a clamp broke on my exhaust hose and pumped some water into the bilge. All hoses are now double clamped.