Top speed question

Notices

Top speed question

Old 07-29-2012, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top speed question

Hi,

we have a AT 37 (non Step) and wondering about the top speed.
We bought it a half year ago with out motors. Becauce of that we need to go thru the CE Inspection here in Germany with every boat, we bought 502 MPIīs and build them in with the
BMax drives (belive they are 1.32:1).
The pre owner told me he think the boat will run about 70 mls
or maybe a litle more. Now some people here, who had boatīs in this size with no step, tell me it will never see 60 mls
with "only" 502 MPI`s.
Since we have it we were only able to make one test drive but both Motorīs did not run like they should becauce of bad ignition cables, a short in a alternator, elektrik problems, an a broken upper drive bearing.
Every time we think we can make a drive somthing new happens. At the moment we wait for the repair of a Marine Machine steering zylinder since 3 1/2 weeks.

Does anybody have a 37 with 502 MPIīs or somthing compairable.

Thank you all

Hans
Old 07-29-2012, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

The 37 non-step was actually called a 36 when it came out. With 502's and Bravos the boat should run 70+ MPH. Pat at Active Thunder in Pompano Beach could give you more information. Maybe he'll chime in..by the way, the non-step Active Thunder 36 is a great rough water boat!!!! Enjoy it!!
Old 07-29-2012, 09:59 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,815 Likes on 903 Posts

I'm guessing it will run about 66-68mph. You will most likely need to run 22" Bravo props with the 1.32 drives.
I have 502mpi's with CMI headers, 1.36 drives and labbed 24" Bravo 1 props on my 32 AT. My top speed is 72-74mph. Your boat weighs at least 2000lbs more than mine.