Heading to michigan saturday to pick up my 09 33 Active Thunder >

Heading to michigan saturday to pick up my 09 33 Active Thunder

Notices

Heading to michigan saturday to pick up my 09 33 Active Thunder

Old 10-06-2012, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by slpcamaross97
What is the difference in ride and speed between the AT 33 and a 32 sun? heck for that factory what was the deal with the 288?
If you ever buy a boat and new a tow rig ill supply my 2500HD for a ride on the boat. lol
I would think that if both boats had 525efi the sunny would be faster bu I think the AT would ride better.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:15 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by slpcamaross97
What is the difference in ride and speed between the AT 33 and a 32 sun? heck for that factory what was the deal with the 288?
If you ever buy a boat and new a tow rig ill supply my 2500HD for a ride on the boat. lol
Depends on the Sunsation model you are comparing to, but the 33AT is 33' overall, not including a molded in swim platform. The AT has a lot more freeboard, and is a heavier, more solid riding boat. The 32SS is a little more like the AT vs. the Dominator, but still a bit smaller boat when you tie them up transom to transom. Older 32 Dominator Singles are probably somewhat comparable in size and handling to the 28AT. What the 32 Dominator has in length; the 28AT contrasts with more freeboard.

A 33AT with 525s will pull 92+ pretty consistently. The 32 Sunsation is probably a tick or 3 faster; all depending on options and conditions.

The 33AT shares the exact same cockpit as the 37AT. BUT, we wedged that larger cockpit into the 33 hull which is 9/10s the size of the 37. Generally speaking, the late model 36 Sunsations and 32 Sunsations share the same cockpit, but it was originally the 32's cockpit, and other aspects of the boat were changed as the boat was transitioned to 36' specs, again with a molded in platform so actual running surface is shorter. Sunsation builds nice boats with a lot of bling, and MitcherT & Pat are pretty good friends as well.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 10-06-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it home yet? nice day to go get it.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Drock78
I would think that if both boats had 525efi the sunny would be faster bu I think the AT would ride better.
Derek, there is really no comparison. Two different animals. As stated the Sun has more like a 28-29' hull (even the SS or SSR) compared to a 32-33' AT hull. The At is bigger period! The AT rides and handles the water better period! It is a bigger boat. Even the older 32 AT is bigger and handles the water better. Sun might be a lil faster on flat water but if it was me I would take the bigger better handling boat any day of the week.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:11 PM
Registered

Should be home by now I'd hope. He pulled out at high noon.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Registered

Old 10-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The first time I ever saw the transom of an At. LOL
Old 10-06-2012, 11:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Kid your new Corvette is so sweet! But explain again to me why you are getting out of boating? What happened to your engine? Your AT was so cool! (sure it's going to a new great owner) If the engine was out of warranty why didn't you just fix it? So many people on here or the Sunsation forum would have helped you out. Hell my boat isn't even worth one of the 525's you had in the AT. I blew the original engine in my boat 2 weeks after I bought it. I didn't give up I built the new engine in my garage myself with help from here and the sunny forum. And been slowly restoring the rest of the boat. I spend more time working on my boat than running it but that is part of the fun of the hobby.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:32 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by TDSTYG
looks like from the other thread people are talking about it so i guess it leaked out lol ! i am buying the 288 kids 09 33 AT. i just sold my 04 Sunsation 32 so i could wrap up the deal so jordan would relax about his need for more space!!!! i was going to wait till i picked it up to say anything but i had commited a while back to buy the boat so it really doesnt matter. im super excited to be in the "CULT" from what i have been told involves a great group of people. im looking forward to meeting as many of you as i can. i live in columbus ohio and boat mainly at a smaller lake here close by but hit lake erie, cumberland, norris lake and torch lake almost every year.
congrats and welcome to the cult. Missed this thread because I have been at the thunder compound southwest getting sunburned on Attitude. And disposing of beverages with fellow cult members!
Old 10-07-2012, 09:19 AM
Registered

She's at home sleeping now. That's was a heavy boat to pull compared to my 32 Sunsation. Been messing around with it in garage and I can't wait to run this thing. Thanks again jordan. Couldn't have asked for a better guy to deal with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.