Notices

Thunder 29

Old 05-22-2013, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by classclown
I'm building the mold and one boat. If somebody likes it and buys one, so be it. If not, my kids will have a nice affordable toy.
R u willing to adopt children I mean 31 year old child? [/QUOTE]

Too late ! He already adopted me. Right Pat ? Er, uh, I mean DAD !
Old 05-23-2013, 06:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
My bad & my apologies. I read it wrong.

Everyone knows what became of the 31 Active Thunder CC hull mold right?
Brian, Pat

Whats the story with that boat, I am actually considering one that just came up for sale today.

Last edited by rchevelle71; 05-23-2013 at 06:46 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:41 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmic12
Yes I did, I was quoted then told that the 25 was "NOT" from a CC mold and I never said it was and knew it wasn't Just that you told me it was sold to a guy to build CC outboards.
No need to duck, just don't understand where that came from I do remember whats what where when and how. Most of the time anyway. :-)
Read it again. I quoted your "I'm not that old". That's where the response came from.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by camptappakeg69
So just thinkin about my limited new boat budget here....what would the savings be to derig my aging tantrum and rig a new 29 hull with my freshened up 502mag and drivetrain?
I'm curious too...how much would a blank hull be. Or would it just not be worth Pats time to do such a thing? Any speed est. with my 800hp hehe
Old 05-23-2013, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Apples and oranges on the Sunsation but no offense.

The point being is it will run down either the OL or Hustler all day long with amenities in snotty water. Maybe not top end speed at 100 mph but it won't be a potato chip or spit the occupants out as history has shown. Deep cockpit, overnighter with style. What else do you need?

I just think anybody that spends anywheres over $150 k on a single engine boat with no amenities has lost their minds.

I'm building the mold and one boat. If somebody likes it and buys one, so be it. If not, my kids will have a nice affordable toy.
Understand the differences. The point is the 288 Sunny used to sell. It doesn't anymore. So hopefully your new boat is immune to the forces which led to that boat's diminished sales.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is the first 29 getting a 565? I thought I remember Pat saying #1 would have a Seven Marine 557 HP OB...
Old 05-23-2013, 08:51 AM
Registered

To answer a couple of PMs I received:

The nose and cabin will be the same length and size. We are changing the center deck where it dips down and making it similar to the new 33s. The length will be added to the cockpit and engine bay making the cockpit about 6" longer and the engine bay/ sunpad the same additional 6".
Old 05-23-2013, 08:54 AM
Registered

The jury is out on the engine. It will be an I/O however unless somebody wants to step up and order an O/B boat.

I welcome opinions on this! It could change. However if we did go O/B it would need to be Mercs.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Read it again. I quoted your "I'm not that old". That's where the response came from.
Yup I know and I said I am old but not that old to forget whats what, why and when. Sorry if I was mixing you up in the confuzion, just trying to splain it all.
Its all good.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:57 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Rick, I've never ridden in one; rare beast for sure. I do remember they were laid out really nice.

While not the offshore crusher that the 32 Offshore was (is), it was still a solid enough boat that Adrenaline purchased the mold and turned it into the Adrenaline-V.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.