OCD is a FLORIDIAN!

Notices

OCD is a FLORIDIAN!

Old 04-17-2013, 08:20 PM
A.T. Cult Member #4
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OCD is a FLORIDIAN!

Well they say what goes around comes around..... Well it is the honest to god truth here...

OCD was built in Florida and had two owners in the state of FL. She then traveled north to New York then even further north to NH and experienced very short boating seasons and VERY LONG winters in sub-zero temperatures.

Well I am proud to announce she will be heading back to Florida for good!

I and Mrs. OCD along with our two young children have sold our home in NH and purchased a home in Fort Myers Florida!!!!

We close on May 29th!!!

This is probably one of the largest decisions of our lives but definitely one of the best as well. For years we wanted out of the cold! We hear our friends and neighbors complain about the freezing weather, snow, sleet and short summers but never do anything about it. Susie and I finally had enough and made our dreams come true.

We are definitely nervous however we never want to look back and ask ourselves "what if we had" or regret never taking the chance.

I look forward to open waters, no speed limit (like in NH), and meeting new friends!

Here's to the next chapter!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats to you both! The west side is beautiful. My sister is in Naples and family on Marco. Out of all the people I know that have moved to FL from MI only a few have moved back. Salt boating is a biotch and if it was me I'd sell and get some egg beaters. Have fun and good luck to you and your family...
Old 04-17-2013, 09:41 PM
Registered

Congrats on your decision. Who knows, maybe some day another Active Thunder will be in your area. The wife have been scoping out Florida gulf coast communities for the last few years. My guess is we probably will be joining you in about 4 years. Currently Naples and Tampa area are probably top of the list. Reasonable warms waters with plenty places to beach. Good luck with your next adventure!
Old 04-17-2013, 09:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats Scott, I think you'll love the boating climate there.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:31 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Congrats!!!!!
There are a few peeps I know from LOTO that recently moved to Florida and they seem to love it.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:57 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

See u here soon. congrats. Even though trista and I will be up in Clearwater by then you know we will be back a lot. Especially for the winter months for ft Myers offshore events!
Old 04-18-2013, 06:42 AM
Registered

Congrats! Now you get to burn all those heavy insulated cloths! This is a huge step and my hats off to ya, takes some balls to do it with young kids but they will thank you in the years to come.
My wife is on my case weekly to do the same but I just can't see it happening to soon.
Good luck to you and the family, keep us posted on how things work out.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:45 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats on making a big step! I hope to do the same in a couple years...but my boat will likely be for sale when I go...

I'll be enjoying the hell out of it until then!
Old 04-18-2013, 09:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think after the last winter in the Midwest that doesn't seem to want to end, alot more people then ever are dreaming about doing the same as you! We're heading down next week to escape our 40* spring, plus it's easier than building an ark, which is what you need around here with all the rain. Congrats on the move, I'm sure you won't regret it!

Last edited by 509 SC; 04-18-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:21 PM
Registered

Default Too much fun in the sun

Have you priced a bimini fir OCD yet ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.