Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Active Thunder
Used my Tantrum for the 1st time ! >

Used my Tantrum for the 1st time !

Notices

Used my Tantrum for the 1st time !

Old 04-23-2013, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

Yea...I think I may have over done it a little with the air.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Anyone who says they haven't over done it with something before is over doing it with bull sh!t
Old 04-23-2013, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the wall thickness on your fuel tank it should be on the label on the tank?
Old 04-26-2013, 05:28 PM
Registered

I had a small fuel leak in mine. It was the hard line that went from the pump to the filter. You barely notice it. After I'd run the boat and shut it down, it was a very slow leak and I found it by running my fingers around the lower end of the line. Fuel was seeping out at the pump side, but very slowly. Replaced the line and no problems
Old 04-26-2013, 06:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sleev-les
I had a small fuel leak in mine. It was the hard line that went from the pump to the filter. You barely notice it. After I'd run the boat and shut it down, it was a very slow leak and I found it by running my fingers around the lower end of the line. Fuel was seeping out at the pump side, but very slowly. Replaced the line and no problems
ill check that too , thanks for the input . how much fuel did you have in the bilge after running for several hours ? when we got off the lake and on the trailer there was probably a gallon or so of fuel that drained out .
Old 04-26-2013, 08:19 PM
Registered

Use blue Scott towels around the hoses, fittings, etc. Ty-wrap them on to keep them in place and you should be able to tell pretty quick if its in the plumbing or not.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:22 PM
Registered

I assume you mean water separator? Did you change the water separator? Did you remove it to make sure it's not double-gasketed (gasket from old separator still in place, not noticed when new separator installed).

Originally Posted by state1310
Im pretty sure its gonna be just a hose somewhere or the filter . there is a yellow trail that starts just below the fuel filter in the front of the engine compartment . by the time we got parked and noticed it saturday it had time to dry up so we couldnt tell where exactly .
Old 04-26-2013, 11:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by c_deezy
I assume you mean water separator? Did you change the water separator? Did you remove it to make sure it's not double-gasketed (gasket from old separator still in place, not noticed when new separator installed).
yeh , thats what i meant . gonna get the boat out this weekend and start working on it . good idea about the towels . thanks ...
Old 04-27-2013, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 4,285 Likes on 1,236 Posts
Arrow

I look for gas leaks and fuel leaks with a lighter.
Hope this helps.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I look for gas leaks and fuel leaks with a lighter.
Hope this helps.
if your around southaven ms.in the next few days stop by and I'll let you show me how that works . I'm gonna stand at the road though if thats cool with you .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.