Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Active Thunder
Stupid question. >

Stupid question.

Notices

Stupid question.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I hate to say this but it doesn't matter if the boat has 1 step or up to 6 step's , they all need a responsible person at the wheel that know's how to drive .
most all the newer race boat's are step bottom and they take corner's at 80+mph because the have experienced driver's in them that no how the boat handle's .
most people that buy $ 200 k+ fancy go-fast boat's think they no how to drive but they have no clue unless it's running in a straight line and that;s what the sticker is for , they should be on all Step bottom boat's
Old 05-02-2013, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by camptappakeg69
I just drop the tab on the side thats the direction i want to turn and hammer down......like an E-brake turn in a car
the funny thing is you could do something like that in a straight bottom but in a step boat your swimming
Old 05-02-2013, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Deleted on request.
I`m pretty sure he was refering to the Cig hull as thats what he quoted.
As far as the sticker my Baja had something close in wording.. pretty sure its gotta be lawyer related.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 05-03-2013 at 08:11 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I`m pretty sure he was refering to the Cig hull as thats what he quoted.
As far as the sticker my Baja had something close in wording.. pretty sure its gotta be lawyer related.
It was directed towards the cig hull....when I read the response I didn't quite understand how he would know all the details of the cigs...

All my friends that own AT's love them and try to get me to switch brands....
Old 05-02-2013, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Deleted on request.
[/QUOTE]

All it takes is one incident and a lawyer and you'll be lucky if all you end up with is a new sticker.

A professionaly designed hull? So you're saying that you have a staff of engineers/P.E's that design you hulls? Not trying to be rude...I really dont know very much about your company and didnt realize that you owned AT until after I saw some of the other comments.

To say that a step hull can perform at high speed in turns and rough water, a stepped hull boat should handle rough water better than a straight bottom in fact, is one thing...but you also know how the boat will handle. There are plenty of people that purchase one of these boats never having been in a stepped bottom boat and do not know what the differences are between that hull and a straight bottom hull. The inexperienced boaters are where the problem lies, and where the risk for a larger company like Cig makes a seemingly silly sticker cheap insurance from any possible litigation problems stemming from someones foolishness and inexperience.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 05-03-2013 at 08:11 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
It was directed towards the cig hull....when I read the response I didn't quite understand how he would know all the details of the cigs...

AT is a Phenomenal boat! Styling, handling, etc.... It is a "DDC" hull. Very efficient and with good manners (single step).. They say there are two types of people with a twin step, those that have spun and those that will. I will argue that logic. If you own a t/s and spin or roll it there is no viable excuse unless you are in a sanctioned race or you performed an evasive maneuver. Bottom line there is no excuse! Stupid mother****ers with no sense should not buy stepped boats...
Old 05-03-2013, 05:43 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993

Sorry about that. Ya didn't quote so it looked as if it were the ATs.

As far as the sticker, how did it work for the tobacco companies?

My thought process is if you know you have any product with an issue, fix it. Otherwise stop building or producing it.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:45 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MIskier
All it takes is one incident and a lawyer and you'll be lucky if all you end up with is a new sticker.

A professionaly designed hull? So you're saying that you have a staff of engineers/P.E's that design you hulls? Not trying to be rude...I really dont know very much about your company and didnt realize that you owned AT until after I saw some of the other comments
The simple answer is "yes".
Old 05-03-2013, 06:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MIskier

A professionaly designed hull? So you're saying that you have a staff of engineers/P.E's that design you hulls? Not trying to be rude...I really dont know very much about your company and didnt realize that you owned AT until after I saw some of the other comments.

To say that a step hull can perform at high speed in turns and rough water, a stepped hull boat should handle rough water better than a straight bottom in fact, is one thing...but you also know how the boat will handle. There are plenty of people that purchase one of these boats never having been in a stepped bottom boat and do not know what the differences are between that hull and a straight bottom hull. The inexperienced boaters are where the problem lies, and where the risk for a larger company like Cig makes a seemingly silly sticker cheap insurance from any possible litigation problems stemming from someones foolishness and inexperience.
Look up "Duo Delta Conic" hull design and "Harry Schoel."

I never even came CLOSE to spinning my single-step Fountain, because I never ever had a desire or necessity to turn at speed. I plan on driving my AT in the same manner.

Although I was VERY impressed with the speed at which Pat turned the boat on the test ride, I personally won't even try it. No sticker necessary.

Here's a linky for ya: http://www.schoellmarine.com/innovations.htm
Old 05-03-2013, 05:26 PM
Registered

Sorry about that. Ya didn't quote so it looked as if it were the ATs.

As far as the sticker, how did it work for the tobacco companies?

My thought process is if you know you have any product with an issue, fix it. Otherwise stop building or producing it.
It's all good, I also took offense when he knocked on Malibu's. I am a very happy Malibu owner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.