32 AT Survey  - Beware >

32 AT Survey - Beware

Notices

32 AT Survey - Beware

Old 06-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 32 AT Survey - Beware

I just had a survey done on the 32 AT just outside ST. Paul, MN. I am posting this so others can benefit from the money I spent for a certified survey. Im not trying to blow up someones spot on a sale or looking to start anything just trying to save someone hundreds of dollars.

96 Active Thunder Power Boat Priced Reduced

Percussion of transom was indicative of moisture. The transom was 31% on the meter. (yes they did just get lots of rain and it was humid) Bottom of stringers were much worse. I will post the survey report for any one looking at the boat.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Crowney
I just had a survey done on the 32 AT just outside ST. Paul, MN. I am posting this so others can benefit from the money I spent for a certified survey. Im not trying to blow up someones spot on a sale or looking to start anything just trying to save someone hundreds of dollars.

96 Active Thunder Power Boat Priced Reduced

Percussion of transom was indicative of moisture. The transom was 31% on the meter. (yes they did just get lots of rain and it was humid) Bottom of stringers were much worse. I will post the survey report for any one looking at the boat.
just curious because I have never had a boat surveyed , but what exactly does that all mean ? percussion of transom , 31% on the meter ? where are they checking the stringers , engine compartment ? what else do they check ? sorry to sidetrack somewhat , just curious to know .
Old 06-11-2013, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That suck to bad they didn't take care off it. When I owned it had none off those problems.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Ouch what a bummer, looks like such a nice boat in the ad.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by state1310
just curious because I have never had a boat surveyed , but what exactly does that all mean ? percussion of transom , 31% on the meter ? where are they checking the stringers , engine compartment ? what else do they check ? sorry to sidetrack somewhat , just curious to know .
I had my 25 surveyed when I bought it in '09. They used a moisture meter on all accessible areas of the hull, stringers, transom, and floor. 0% here. Even he was surprised. They also inspect the overall condition and functions of the boat. Mine even came with and appraisal of 36K and some change. Cost $300, and well worth it just for the piece of mind.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 32 Active Thunder
That suck to bad they didn't take care off it. When I owned it had none off those problems.
Were you the guy that owned the boat out of Janesville? I looked at it when you had it listed.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:47 AM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

0% moisture? I thought I read somewhere that they even have a small percentage of moisture from the factory before they even hit the water.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Drock78
0% moisture? I thought I read somewhere that they even have a small percentage of moisture from the factory before they even hit the water.
Yup. Acceptable to a certain percentage...
Old 06-12-2013, 07:09 AM
Registered

Surveyor told me acceptable range is 5-10%.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Hey Crowney...I see you are looking for a 33 Scarab...I've got a buddy that's selling one...shoot me a pm and I'll hook you guys up...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.