Boyne / Northern Boating >

Boyne / Northern Boating

Notices

Boyne / Northern Boating

Old 07-14-2013, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boyne / Northern Boating

We were up to the Thunder run this weekend and had perfect weather. So how did the Active family like the boating?
Saw most of you guys go by on the water. AT was well represented.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:29 PM
Registered

i saw Drock78 pics from the weekend it looked awesome . AT was very well repped !
Old 07-15-2013, 11:23 AM
Registered

Five 37's ran from the fourth to the fifth card stop together, it was very nice! I of course did not have a charged camera and forgot to pack the gopro, go figure. Got to love that Northern Michigan water!
Old 07-15-2013, 01:26 PM
Blue Oval

http://youtu.be/XRT3LY8z2Xg
Old 07-15-2013, 02:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I enjoyed seeing the 37 crew up there as well. I wish I would have taken mine. They all looked great.

Michigan boating and the hospitality was amazing. We will be back next year. Even with a 17 hour drive - this one is a can't miss event.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:20 PM
Registered

Great running video. Sorry i missed it !!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by yzbert
Five 37's ran from the fourth to the fifth card stop together, it was very nice! I of course did not have a charged camera and forgot to pack the gopro, go figure. Got to love that Northern Michigan water!
Old 07-16-2013, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

That was one of the best boating weekends of my life...and it was made even better by that last run from the card stop!

Hopefully we'll get some good pics of 4 of the 5 ATs together right before the first stop...the heli caught us all together...we were only missing Steve who went out with the first group.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:49 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

What a blast! Met all the AT brotheren and their significant others! Got a few pictures hope they turn out OK. The Michigan people are great! The towns of Boyne and Charlevouix are huge fans of this run. Never saw so many people cheering and checking out all of the boats.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:37 PM
Registered

Pulled this off the speed on the water dot com site

"I think the guys who come here from Chicago or Sandusky (Ohio) or the 'Active Thunder cult' go home to their buddies and say, 'You have to do this run with us next year,'" Opperman added. "It's amazing. One of the last 10 entries was a 40 Skater from the E-Dock (a Grand Lake, Okla., go-fast boat hotbed) crew. One of the guys I know from there said to me, 'Next year, I am going to bring my boat and my family and stay for 10 days.'"
Old 07-16-2013, 05:24 PM
Registered

Glad everyone had a good time. I'll have to meet up with you guys next year. Ours is still in the barn until I can put the outdrive back on. We were on family & friends boats last week.
Only problem now is others are finding our favorite boating area. Some of our best ice cream stops are Harbor Springs and Suttons Bay.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.