Joined the cult!!!!

Notices

Joined the cult!!!!

Old 11-03-2013, 09:54 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er
With a 525 and labbed 26P I see 73 mph. When OCDs boat had the pro charged 500(700 hp) I believe it ran about 86.

Thats a good looking 99...some of the better paint I've seen
Just for reference sake, 2004 and later hulls are a little different and a little faster. Pre-2004 had a different mold; with a defined rocker to the bottom. The later update made them a little faster and track a little better.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:30 AM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by drivrswntd
Came from Smithdale, MS.

Drock - I searched and I hadnt seen it either on the forums, and also on the roll call of 28's I never saw it pop up there either. It seems like its one of the ones, that got sold, and has never been seen here or accounted for. It's an HP500 boat, originally had a bravo one, and no hydro steering. The guy I got it from put a brand new xr on it a year or two ago, and added imco dual ram to the helm steering to it. I've got a new 548 that I just put in my Outlaw last fall that I'll dump in this. It dyno'd 650hp/675lbft. Any idea what that will give me for speeds and where I should start prop wise. Also the previous owner put a 3" spacer on the drive. Pull it? leave it? go 5 blade and pull it? Not sure what to do.

Boat's not perfect and the interior is well in need of redo'ing. I'll do that over the winter, replace gauges, and get it back up to standards. I'm sure there will be a ton of questions as I go along but the Active crew seems to be pretty cool.

2 questions - where can i source the dash switches? bunch of them the red light covers are popped out.

I believe Mike(Boatfreak) on here has a set from when he redid his dash.

Drock - on your 01 is the sides of the cabin floor gel or carpet? Can you forward me pictures? Mine has what seems to be the carpet pulled out. Trying to figure out what the carpet looked like in place.
Ive never heard of anyone putting a spacer on the Savage. Mine is a stock XZ drive and I have a -2" IMCO lower that I got with the boat and plan on trying this year. Im running a 23" 5 blade Hydromotive P5x and love it. The cruise speed is awesome. The 4 blade b1 is a touch faster but the cruise speed doesnt even compare. With 650hp I bet you will be 77-78mph
Mine are gel.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:44 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SO YOU WERE THE ONE THAT GOT TO THE SELLER BEFORE ME! Congrats...sounded like I stumbled across that a few minutes late. Glad someone else was crazy enough to be ready to drive all that way for this one. This was a nice looking hull good colors/power upgrades. Little TLC and should looks like it will be good as new.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:23 AM
Registered

Default Height

Originally Posted by Drock78
Ive never heard of anyone putting a spacer on the Savage. Mine is a stock XZ drive and I have a -2" IMCO lower that I got with the boat and plan on trying this year. Im running a 23" 5 blade Hydromotive P5x and love it. The cruise speed is awesome. The 4 blade b1 is a touch faster but the cruise speed doesnt even compare. With 650hp I bet you will be 77-78mph
Mine are gel.
Interesting question. (I know I have twins but...) One of the previous owners installed spacers in mine. Wasn't sure they were needed??? Though, on Lake Michigan having the props in the water is better then 1 MPH. I welcome educated comments on this drive height.
Attached Thumbnails Joined the cult!!!!-img_1987.jpg  
Old 11-04-2013, 08:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by abmotorman
Interesting question. (I know I have twins but...) One of the previous owners installed spacers in mine. Wasn't sure they were needed??? Though, on Lake Michigan having the props in the water is better then 1 MPH. I welcome educated comments on this drive height.
I agree Andy. He didn't run in rough water so I'm curious to see how it handles and if the prop is constantly blowing out. I would imagine your prop shaft height is a couple inches above mine from factory being twins.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cuposterchild
SO YOU WERE THE ONE THAT GOT TO THE SELLER BEFORE ME! Congrats...sounded like I stumbled across that a few minutes late. Glad someone else was crazy enough to be ready to drive all that way for this one. This was a nice looking hull good colors/power upgrades. Little TLC and should looks like it will be good as new.
Definitly was crazy that was for sure. Interesting trip, filled the truck with gas Thursday at 11pm to leave and then it wouldnt start, CEL came on, almost gave up, it started up and said F it lets go for it. got down to MS on Friday in 20.5 hours (drove with a buddy of mine alternating taking turns sleeping) loaded up and started to head back. Put the boat into the garage at 10:30 on Saturday night. All said 48 hours there and back non stop.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

I'm afraid I can't help you on the switches. We took out the old ones but I never made it home from Florida with them. I'm sure you can get the old ones but if you are going to redo the cockpit you might want to consider updating the dash. Here is a before and after of mine. I would have loved to have centered the GPS in front of me but with my mechanical engines, without all of the safety features of the new engines, I wanted my gauges there.
Attached Thumbnails Joined the cult!!!!-2012-01-17_17-01-01_536-%5B50%25%5D.jpg   Joined the cult!!!!-2012-04-16_19-49-01_15-%5B1024x768%5D.jpg  
Old 11-04-2013, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

Here's a shot of one of the 33s with the center entry.
Attached Thumbnails Joined the cult!!!!-mom-121.jpg  
Old 11-04-2013, 10:44 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

The switches are made by Carling; and the model is Tippette. They are becoming harder and harder to find in white, but easily sourced in black from Grainger. For a replacement (in white), best thing to do is email Pat and he'll get to it after the KW Poker Run.
Old 11-05-2013, 04:45 AM
Registered

I may have to call Pat and get a price on having a new switch panel made for mine in that same blue and switch over to the toggle switches! Looks clean!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.