Toy Box is diversifying a bit...

Notices

Toy Box is diversifying a bit...

Old 04-14-2014, 12:43 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by hanzcap
The pics of the blue cat appear to be from the parking lot of bass pro shops in ashland. Correct me if I'm wrong. Both boats look great!
You are correct. That's where I met the shipper when it came in from Texas. I wanted to sea trial it in the fish pond, but it was still drained for the winter.

Thanks for all the comments folks!
Old 04-14-2014, 06:57 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tommy did all the work on my pump. Place diverter, wedge and ride plate. Plus he labbed my impeller. I see you have grease fitting in the top of your bowl and some guys run hard grease in them but there supposed to have plugs in there to fill it with gear lube. One plug hole is lower than the other so when you squirt the oil in the lower one it pushes the water out the top one. I would ask Tommy if you should go back with gear oil when he puts it back together. Tommy Moore is the MAN with a Berkeley Pump.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:06 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by ACTIVESHACK
Tommy did all the work on my pump. Place diverter, wedge and ride plate. Plus he labbed my impeller. I see you have grease fitting in the top of your bowl and some guys run hard grease in them but there supposed to have plugs in there to fill it with gear lube. One plug hole is lower than the other so when you squirt the oil in the lower one it pushes the water out the top one. I would ask Tommy if you should go back with gear oil when he puts it back together. Tommy Moore is the MAN with a Berkeley Pump.
When/are you coming back to VA? I'd love your input on a few motor things.

I was down in Houston at the end of last week, visiting Clark, Chuck, and the girls.
They wanted me to pass along a warm hello to the crowd!
Old 04-14-2014, 09:35 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very nice. Those jet boats are cheaper to get the same look as those #6 drive boats.

My brother has Carslon Glastron 460/berkley. Lots of show, not so much go
Old 04-14-2014, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sydwayz

I was down in Houston at the end of last week, visiting Clark, Chuck, and the girls.
Thanks for the call.....
Old 04-14-2014, 09:48 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Nice Southwind Sydwayz! The gel coat looks cherry! Very well taken care of. Where do you plan on running it?
Old 04-14-2014, 09:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm probably going to stay out here most of the summer. I'll call you one day this week. Need to give you the site name where all the Jet boat guys are. A lot of info on there.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:14 PM
Registered

I found SoCalJetBoats to be a great site...
Old 04-14-2014, 10:21 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Thanks everyone. It's a 1973, and I consider it a classic as it's slightly older than I am.
The gel has been cleared over at some point, which has preserved the color a bit. It was stored indoors, and came with a nice full cover as well. Looking at the top and bottom, it's a bit deeper green below; but I really like the "mint" green hue it is now. I shimmers in the sun. I have a spare set of bell Rewarder headers for it as well. The current twisties have removeable mufflers in them which will be coming out as soon as I put a water valve on the exhaust.

The Speedliner cat is a 1976, and is also all original metal flake gelcoat.

I live across the street from a river that's more like a ditch; too small for my big boat anywhere near home. I've had it in the river before, as close as 15 miles or so from home, but I need to put in about 50 miles away. With either of these small boats, I can launch them 15 miles from the house and run around in fresh water. I will have one or both of them up at Jack's place on Lake Anna this summer for BOTE. (Beast Of The East)
Old 04-16-2014, 11:35 AM
Registered

Thanks everyone. It's a 1973, and I consider it a classic as it's slightly older than I am.
The gel has been cleared over at some point, which has preserved the color a bit. It was stored indoors, and came with a nice full cover as well. Looking at the top and bottom, it's a bit deeper green below; but I really like the "mint" green hue it is now. I shimmers in the sun. I have a spare set of bell Rewarder headers for it as well. The current twisties have removeable mufflers in them which will be coming out as soon as I put a water valve on the exhaust.

The Speedliner cat is a 1976, and is also all original metal flake gelcoat.

I live across the street from a river that's more like a ditch; too small for my big boat anywhere near home. I've had it in the river before, as close as 15 miles or so from home, but I need to put in about 50 miles away. With either of these small boats, I can launch them 15 miles from the house and run around in fresh water. I will have one or both of them up at Jack's place on Lake Anna this summer for BOTE. (Beast Of The East)
I was thinking of Lake Anna when I saw registration on the boat. That get together at Jacks place is high up on the list of cool boating events to check out. If I lived closer I would definitely make the trek. O well, it will stay on the list. Again, sweet boat. Can't wait to here some actual numbers...
Jr.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.