Question about installed engine heights >

Question about installed engine heights

Notices

Question about installed engine heights

Old 10-15-2015, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Question about installed engine heights

I see adding a Whipple to a 525 that it will clear the hatch, however appears on a 600 and 700 SCI the hatch is modified. Are the engines installed at different heights or are the SCI engines that much taller?
Old 10-15-2015, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

The 600 boats have a regular sun pad so I'm guessing the height issue has to do with the NXT drive with the 700 boats.
Old 10-15-2015, 09:26 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by boatfreak
The 600 boats have a regular sun pad so I'm guessing the height issue has to do with the NXT drive with the 700 boats.
Exactly right. The NXT was actually up at the rub rail. The overall "cube" of the 600SCI and 700SCI engines are the same, but the Bravo-Butt 600SCI allowed lower transom cutouts.

The HP565 boats have flame arrestors on top of the plenum vs. on the front or rear. This required a new hatch for the All Red 37, and subsequent HP565 powered 37s.

On Andre's 33 with HP566EFIs, the engine room is actually deeper than the 37, which allowed for no mods to engine hatch.
Old 10-17-2015, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

The hatch is the same except I modify it to clear the snoot and pulley on the blower.

Originally Posted by Pwraddr
I see adding a Whipple to a 525 that it will clear the hatch, however appears on a 600 and 700 SCI the hatch is modified. Are the engines installed at different heights or are the SCI engines that much taller?