An interesting opportunity

Old 08-23-2016, 03:59 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by tommymonza
One word.

Sunsation
What you're thinking of is actually two words but we don't use any of the 'C' words here.

Last edited by rak rua; 08-23-2016 at 05:18 AM.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:23 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Just finished laying up a 37 outboard boat, finished laying up a 33 hull and starting the deck this week. Started another 29 with 2 more behind it. You will finally see the 29 open bow in the next 2 weeks. Painting it now. Got a new 22 in the mold, unsold however.

As I am sure you saw we just delivered a 37 with 540s and sportmasters and a few months back a 33 with 350 Verados.

If you want to paint a picture of my business why don't you get your facts straight.

By the way I never said "partnership worth millions".

What I said was : "The candidate can get a piece of something that has cost millions for effort and time." I am sure of ONE million. TWO might be an exaggeration.
Glad that things have picked up for you and AT! Can't wait to see the performance numbers on the 37 OB build
Old 08-23-2016, 06:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
So, are you going to submit your business plan to Pat? Or perhaps a Mission Statement?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]558577[/ATTACH]

Maybe you will be happier if you have the opportunity to go boating again.

I have had an OB Whaler for almost 10 years now........it was out last Thursday!

Still waiting for you to dig up my negative AT posts!
Old 08-23-2016, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I have had an OB Whaler for almost 10 years now........it was out last Thursday!

Still waiting for you to dig up my negative AT posts!
I guess the Whaler didn't get repossessed like your other boat?
Old 08-23-2016, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

If a person doesn't believe in the opportunity that Pat has listed, then ignore it and move on. Why start and argument and try to discredit what Pat is trying to do. We all have opinions, but like politics & religion, you don't need to try to force yours on others.
Old 08-23-2016, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to see a new 25 tantrum with a 8.2L. Make it as an "affordable" performance boat as possible. To me, anything smaller without drop-out bostler and low freeboard doesn't feel like a "cigarette boat." Anything much over 25ft becomes exponentially more expensive. Dry storage, slip, diesel truck, ect.. Throw in the additional maintenance, fuel, and insurance for twins and it becomes financially out of reach very quick.

I hope to upgrade from my scarab scs within the next couple years. The only boats I'll consider are AT 25, Sonic 26, and Pantera 24. Anything in this range I can store for free, easily tow with my 1/2 ton truck, and do basic maintenance on myself. I believe Pantera just shut down so none are currently in production. If you look around on the classifieds, craigslist, ect.. these boats are hard to find so I know there is a market for them.
Old 08-23-2016, 04:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CrownLPX
I guess the Whaler didn't get repossessed like your other boat?

Can't repo a boat that you have the title in hand!
Old 08-23-2016, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Ah, but I believed him and so did most here.....

Now you are on the other end of an untrue rumor created by an OSO member talking smack about something they know nothing about.

I'm a 'has been' boat builder looking for a unicorn to save me and you can't even make the payments on your boat. Quite a pair, aren't we?

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Can't repo a boat that you have the title in hand!
Old 08-23-2016, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Ah, but I believed him and so did most here.....

Now you are on the other end of an untrue rumor created by an OSO member talking smack about something they know nothing about.

I'm a 'has been' boat builder looking for a unicorn to save me and you can't even make the payments on your boat. Quite a pair, aren't we?
It's all truth but not my story to tell or thread to derail. If Jupiter wants to share his story that's on him.

Back to the original thread and I hope you land a rockstar, Pat!
Old 08-23-2016, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you imagine waiting for parts.
Originally Posted by rak rua
Only ever read good things about AT and Pat so this is a general comment towards the tough performance boat market.

Is anyone seriously tapping the overseas markets or is it just too hard?

We have members from overseas and read stories about performance boating, particularly in Europe where they have offshore racing. Are there U.S. manufacturers with any real presence there or is it only local boats with a handful of private imports? Huge population, some significant pockets of wealth and austentatious luxury toys, sounds a good place for high end sports boats.

Sadly, I can speak for Thailand and say the performance boat market is a definite 'no go' zone and I would suggest leaving it that way. I'd love to see it differently here but it just ain't the case. If it were any different, I'd be talking to someone about establishing a network here.

Take Thailand out of the mix, what about other parts of Asia such as Hong Kong and Singapore?

Just thinking out loud......

RR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.