Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Active Thunder
whats story on the 2002 37 w 675 ke's  going thru auction?? >

whats story on the 2002 37 w 675 ke's going thru auction??

Notices

whats story on the 2002 37 w 675 ke's going thru auction??

Old 08-31-2016, 11:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by KRAUSMOTORSPORTS
Your exactly right my friend. Ive searched everywhere and can't find any pics of it linking to anybody either. Sucks to see it is this condition either way. I was referring to Jeff32's comment about Transom. Not saying Transom was bad but was also reassuring my self after 2000 they were built using DivinyCell Vs. wood. I'd change the power anyway. It would be worth me to fix one knowing the 37 is what I have my heart set on. Which could be a bad thing knowing I could pick up more then a headache with fixing one vs. buying turn key no issues. But again I don't have 150k to throw at one. But I would keep a rebuild renew under 80k total including cost of the boat itself…….You agree?
If hull is good interior like you said could be rrplsced and motors fixed or swapped, whats market value of a 2002 in good condition w ke 675s, i would think 70 or 80k, i always wanted a 37 too but it was slways out of mt reach. Rookie bought the older one in va beach under 20k needed drives and motors, i guess it was one of the non stepped bottoms and hes repowering it with motors from his older scarab he already built. Im cash flush and could pay cash for it and sell my 33 svs which has 180 hour 500efis snd new interior but im going to pass since i would have to bust ass to have it ready for next year and sm prrtty happy w what i have, if i hsdnt bought my scsrab i would be driving down to detroit for the auction tommorrow!

Last edited by articfriends; 08-31-2016 at 11:13 PM.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I'm pretty sure that boat recently sold at a car auction, and has a new owner in Michigan now.
Word is (second or 3rd hand info) that new owner is bailing because boat needs too much but again, all hear say
Old 09-01-2016, 02:08 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,811 Likes on 901 Posts

Auction starts tomorrow at 8am https://www.iaai.com/Vehicles/Vehicl...&RowNumber=545

There was some talk on FB Powerboat Swap Shop about it.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Griff
Auction starts tomorrow at 8am https://www.iaai.com/Vehicles/Vehicl...&RowNumber=545

There was some talk on FB Powerboat Swap Shop about it.
Yep, cost 200$ to register to bid, i would throw a 30 k bid on it but dont make it doen to Bellville to that place to utilize it plus inspection day was yesterday so without seeing it in person would be a littlestretch to bid anywhere serious. I bet it sells for 35 to 40, desctiption at iaai also says the trailer is damsged which i cant see in pics, says it has a texas title too
Old 09-01-2016, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Seems odd that they would try and sell it with almost NO information. That in itself would scare me.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

When I used to own a 04 cobra and hung over at svtperformance forums for a few years, we always kept track of who owned all the cars that we knew about. Are there any threads matching the boat to the owner? Or a new sticky thread matching owner boat and general specs? And how do we know exactly how many 37's are out there?
Old 09-01-2016, 11:26 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

I have the last owners number I some with him on it a little while back when it was on CL for 75 but on boat trader for 100. Needs lots of love
Old 09-01-2016, 11:55 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,193 Likes on 518 Posts

Too many 37s to keep track of.
This boat was originally dialed in at Lake X back in the day. It ran right around 100 back then.
Overall, there have not been any significant hull changes. Albeit, the newer decks (started just after this boat) have a little more cabin headroom.

Last couple stories about this boat were that it was down in Texas, which is where it sold from I think. It has/had a BIG stereo, and also two stripper poles sticking out of the bow at one time.

There is NO WOOD in the construction of this hull. You don't have to worry about transom or stringer rot. Also, these boats are built with a cabin liner, basically a 3-piece sandwich of a boat, that is all glassed together like a uni-body car. (Look up some older posts by "ActiveThunder" here on OSO talking about his build techniques.) Pat also owns a high end body shop, and transfers some knowledge between the businesses, on how to build a solid machine.

RadioActive is the identical sister boat to this one. Anything you read about RadioActive would apply to this boat too, for the most part.

I could be convinced to sell my 2003 37' with 496HOs as well. And mine has the new deck with the additional headroom.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Whats the market value of this 02 w motors perfect, new interior and "other" problems resolved, seller turned down high bid at auction, sounds like he paid 45 for it and wants to get that and his buyer fees back, im not interested above 30k and hes stuck on high 40s from what i see plus i think hes hiding whatever other problems it has by trying to sell it thru a salvage auction w no solid info, hes going to own this one for ever imo at 48 or 49k selling price, Smitty
Old 09-01-2016, 01:23 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,193 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
Whats the market value of this 02 w motors perfect, new interior and "other" problems resolved, seller turned down high bid at auction, sounds like he paid 45 for it and wants to get that and his buyer fees back, im not interested above 30k and hes stuck on high 40s from what i see plus i think hes hiding whatever other problems it has by trying to sell it thru a salvage auction w no solid info, hes going to own this one for ever imo at 48 or 49k selling price, Smitty
Totally "perfect", probably $85-95K-ish, give or take, depending on how much updating one does with materials and gauges; but there is not much "market" to compare it to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.