Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Active Thunder (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/active-thunder-30/)
-   -   whats story on the 2002 37 w 675 ke's going thru auction?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/active-thunder/340854-whats-story-2002-37-w-675-kes-going-thru-auction.html)

articfriends 08-31-2016 09:34 PM

whats story on the 2002 37 w 675 ke's going thru auction??

Someone here must have inside story of the 2002 37 going thru auction, has bravo xrs, ke 675's, one w blower belt hanging loose
Absolutely no informstion on it except a commenter on fb saying has bad motor. Interior looks like it satoutside for 3 years un covered, also been said it sold at co-part in KY at auction a month ago and new owner found out it was so bad he's dumping it. The AT community is small so I'm sure more than one of you knows the real story!

jeff32 08-31-2016 09:38 PM

Also curious!

articfriends 08-31-2016 09:40 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Pics

articfriends 08-31-2016 09:43 PM

Fire sale priced but several people claiming its not worth 20,000 even. To actually be that low i would think it had bad transom, stringers, motors, drives and interior, which i really doubt.

jeff32 08-31-2016 09:59 PM

Before even knowing if it need transom and stringers, wich might be the case, there is probably 20-25 k in engine drive replacement /service, 5k for interior, 5 k transom, total 30-40k and that is witout all the micelaneous things to add, ... Goes fast...

KRAUSMOTORSPORTS 08-31-2016 10:22 PM

I thought after 2000 most of them were built with DivinyCell so no wood in the transom? I'm also curious as I've been eyeing up some 32's and 37's and just came across "Active Storm" today surprisingly. I'm looking for something that needs some work but not a crazy amount since I can do most the work myself. I'll put in the sweat equity for what I really want that's for sure!

articfriends 08-31-2016 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by KRAUSMOTORSPORTS (Post 4477335)
I thought after 2000 most of them were built with DivinyCell so no wood in the transom? I'm also curious as I've been eyeing up some 32's and 37's and just came across "Active Storm" today surprisingly. I'm looking for something that needs some work but not a crazy amount since I can do most the work myself. I'll put in the sweat equity for what I really want that's for sure!

No one said boat actually needs stringers or transom, but there is virtually NO info on this boat except second hand info it has a bad motor and from pics it obviously sat outside unvovered and needs interior. I have spae merlin, dart blocks, 4.25 cranks, rockers, i could resurrect a hurt motor without spending 25,000, could go thru other motor and drives but somone knows real story here. Boats being sold as is , no word if it was on bottom of a lake, motors froze, anything, but it cant be a secret as to who owned it and what happened to it, not like there are 10,000 37's running around

KRAUSMOTORSPORTS 08-31-2016 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by articfriends (Post 4477340)
No one said boat actually needs stringers or transom, but there is virtually NO info on this bost except second hand info it has a bad motor and from pics it obviously sat outside unvovered and needs interior. I have spae merlin, dart blocks, 4.25 cranks, rockers, i could resurrect a hurt motor without spending 25,000, could go thru other motor and drives but somone knows real story here. Boats being sold as is , no word if it was on bottom of a lake, motors froze, anything, but it cant be a secret as to who owned it and what happened to it, not like there are 10,000 37's running around

Your exactly right my friend. Ive searched everywhere and can't find any pics of it linking to anybody either. Sucks to see it is this condition either way. I was referring to Jeff32's comment about Transom. Not saying Transom was bad but was also reassuring my self after 2000 they were built using DivinyCell Vs. wood. I'd change the power anyway. It would be worth me to fix one knowing the 37 is what I have my heart set on. Which could be a bad thing knowing I could pick up more then a headache with fixing one vs. buying turn key no issues. But again I don't have 150k to throw at one. But I would keep a rebuild renew under 80k total including cost of the boat itself…….You agree?

Cash Bar 08-31-2016 10:59 PM

I think the last I remember someone owning it was ThunderDan back when he was the first owner.

Sydwayz 08-31-2016 11:01 PM

I'm pretty sure that boat recently sold at a car auction, and has a new owner in Michigan now.