Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Active Thunder
Anyone have pop up cleats on their tantrum? >

Anyone have pop up cleats on their tantrum?

Notices

Anyone have pop up cleats on their tantrum?

Old 04-20-2017, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone have pop up cleats on their tantrum?

My tantrum has pop up cleats and at the end of last year I realized the bow cleat was leaking. The boat is still wrapped so I can't look at it at this time and it's staying wrapped till I get my motor back. I read that they are supposed to have a drain tube on the under side that you run to the bilge. Where am how would I route this. The porta-potty compartment is sealed.....it doesn't have a drain anywhere in it. If it isn't possible to run a line I will just replace it with a regular cleat. Yeah it's ugly but it won't leak. If I replace it will I have to make a plate of some sort to cover up the hole where the pop up cleat was? I'm assuming the pop up cleat has a bigger hole then a regular bolt on cleat. Any help is appreciated.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine has pop cleats. Where is it leaking at? How did you know it was leaking? I guess I need to check mine.
Old 06-02-2017, 01:39 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

My 32 has all pop up cleats. The bow cleats have the drain cup on them and the drain hole is just sealed with some 5200.
Old 06-05-2017, 02:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally got my boat unwrapped. Mine is sealed just like griff said his is. Turns out the whole cleat is just loose and needs to be sealed and tightened back up