AT & Chief ????

Notices

AT & Chief ????

Old 02-16-2005, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Re: AT & Chief ????

Originally Posted by ATPatrick
Hang in there Mr. 'No-vette' salesman. I will let you know when I'm good and ready.

So you want to stop by Monday and see the 42 in person? They are supposed to be delivering it to my house tonight and I just can't wait!!!!!!
Hey Pat, I believe the curiousity factor of every Active Thunder owner is at it's peak regarding what is taking place. On the "Chief" threads I posted a positive view of how I feel about the merger, but like many A/T owners and prospects, I am saddened by the loss of the name that you worked so hard to promote. Asside from that, I wish you the best and believe this venture can only grow into bigger, better, and more polished boats than ever before!!! As far as the "No-vette" salesman, I didn't think you could fit in a vette, besides, I couldn't make any money off you anyway!!! LOL
Old 02-16-2005, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So if you all propose the new Chief/AT boats will be 'better', 'stronger', more 'refined' and all the many other words of praise used to descride the joint venture's future product. Question: What does that do to the value of the older ones??? "New=better" .... "Old or Used = ??????"

Now remember, I'm not stating any facts about which is better ... just projecting down the line based on what other opinions have been saying ..... I'm just a guy looking to buy a used AT (pre-2005) in the next few years.

IMO ... AT's used boats values will undoubtedly drop, the new AT/Chief (28, 33, 37 Pat's boat) will be more expensive than Pat would sell (have sold) for, remember Bobby's name is all over it now. And finally, the new 42 /47 will be in the upper stratosphere that only an elite group will be able to afford.

Last edited by njgr8ful; 02-16-2005 at 07:23 PM.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JUPITER PULSARE
As far as the "No-vette" salesman, I didn't think you could fit in a vette, besides, I couldn't make any money off you anyway!!! LOL
You are in so much trouble.....
Old 02-16-2005, 07:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by njgr8ful
So if you all purpose the new Chief/AT boats will be 'better', 'stronger', more 'refined' and all the many other words of praise used to descride the joint venture's future product. Question: What does that do to the value of the older ones??? "New=better" .... "Old or Used = ??????"

Now remember, I'm not stating any facts about which is better ... just projecting down the line based on what other opinions have been saying ..... I'm just a guy looking to buy a used AT (pre-2005) in the next few years.

IMO ... AT's used boats values will undoubtedly drop, the new AT/Chief (28, 33, 37 Pat's boat) will be more expensive than Pat would sell (have sold) for, remember Bobby's name is all over it now. And finally, the new 42 /47 will be in the upper stratosphere that only an elite group will be able to afford.
Fortunatly I think you are wrong. Used boat values will still be strong. We are not dumping the reputation and name, only strengthening the company.

And the 42 and 47 will not be outa-your-limits.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ATPatrick
Fortunatly I think you are wrong. Used boat values will still be strong. We are not dumping the reputation and name, only strengthening the company.

And the 42 and 47 will not be outa-your-limits.
Please elaborate Pat I'm all ears
Old 02-16-2005, 07:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

So if you all purpose the new Chief/AT boats will be 'better', 'stronger', more 'refined' and all the many other words of praise used to descride the joint venture's future product. Question: What does that do to the value of the older ones??? "New=better" .... "Old or Used = ??????"

(Used boats)How much more can they drop, they are all ready a value leader, one of the best boats for the money. Cheif, the new co is going to pick up the warranty items or redo's like they did with Apache. To me it's like Peanut butter and jam, they both taste good together. The prices needed to go up, if you want to be in this business, you cant be building boats for the pure passion and give everything for free, and than expect to make a living, unless you have another job. With this will come some changes, then refinements, which is better for everyone across the board. Outerlimits isnt building boats for free, Mike has earned his reputation, and can get what he feels his boat is worth, this will possible happen with Cheif. Buy a Active Thunder boat, have a great summer, put some more money back into the economy, good luck to you. Jeff
Old 02-16-2005, 07:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jassman
(Used boats)How much more can they drop, they are all ready a value leader, one of the best boats for the money. Cheif, the new co is going to pick up the warranty items or redo's like they did with Apache. To me it's like Peanut butter and jam, they both taste good together. The prices needed to go up, if you want to be in this business, you cant be building boats for the pure passion and give everything for free, and than expect to make a living, unless you have another job. With this will come some changes, then refinements, which is better for everyone across the board. Outerlimits isnt building boats for free, Mike has earned his reputation, and can get what he feels his boat is worth, this will possible happen with Cheif. Buy a Active Thunder boat, have a great summer, put some more money back into the economy, good luck to you. Jeff
I agree with value leader and much of that is what made Pat's (old) CO. so successful, I'm sure As far as prices needing to go up? Well, again IMO, that would have to be measureable in the improvements made to the new hulls and not because the Chief name is splashed onto the side.

No-one, obviously, is in the boat business to give something away, but keeping up with the Jones's .... Fiore's, Saccenti's is not an easy task, nor something a lot of folks want to even try and attempt. And YES they can all get what they ask/want for a boat they earned it ... and like I said upper stratosphere is where Mike and Nortech's are ... Chief now too ... maybe??

Jeff you might be able to afford that 'type' of boat, you could probably afford one of each ... a Nortech and a Chief .. why not? Not to be too blunt, but I'll wait for guys like you sell a boat after 20-40hrs at much discounted rates.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:44 PM
Registered

Please elaborate Pat I'm all ears
We're all ears
Old 02-16-2005, 07:54 PM
Registered

Pat - whatever your new plans are, GOOD LUCK! I'm confident that you will continue to make loyal customers out of AT/Chief/Resin-buckets (just kidding)/etc. for a long time to come. Everyone who buys one of your boats becomes your fan - which is saying something considering how unfriendly you ARE!!!! Seriously, I wish you and the entire crew well.

miller
Old 02-16-2005, 08:01 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Pat I don't know if your a nascar fan or not but the late great Dale said it best "IF THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT YOU, DON'T WORRY IT'S WHEN THEY'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT YOU,YOU SHOULD WORRY".

Quick Reply: AT & Chief ????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.