Props for my 25 >

Props for my 25

Notices

Props for my 25

Old 10-29-2007, 09:50 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

John you bought Morrys 24? Nice boat. And it flys real well.....
Attached Thumbnails Props for my 25-morris-24-.jpg  
Old 10-29-2007, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah it does its an vangaurd and it was built for the boat. so does anyone know what type of prop i should maybe try. i think i should be able to turn an higher pitch with no problem.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:14 PM
Registered

yeah i did buy his old boat but i think it has more in it than what it does. it should be an 80 mph boat and it just doesnt seem to want to get there with this prop. i keep in touch with him hes a great guy i love his new boat he bought quite an upgrade. his wife was sadder than him when i pulled it away. they realy loved this boat.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:07 PM
Registered

Help Please
Old 10-31-2007, 09:28 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

lets see...I'd try a 22 4 blade bravo one. Lab a 24 pitch 4 blade bravo one.......John, you are going to have to try different props to see what works for you and your boat. Do you normally run with 5 people and a 1/2 tank of fuel?
Old 11-02-2007, 07:12 AM
Registered

no ushally its me and the old lady and thats it. i know this is what im going to hae to do but i cant justify buying 5 diff props to test i just wont spend that kind of money. thats why im hoping someone on here has already kinda gone this route and can point me in the right direction. so if you say try a smaler pitched prop will give me better results up on the top side? im not trying to be a pain at all just hoping to absorb as much knowledge from u guys as poss to help me along my way.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:04 AM
Registered

john,
If you use Throttle Up you can try as many props as you want as long as you eventually buy one from them. Julie & Matt are great, they helped me and labbed my Hydros even though I didn't buy from them. Of course, the labbing was expensive but worth it.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:41 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Running asmaller diameter prop will give you more engine RPM not neccesarily top end speed. Once again this has to do with alot of different variables. What I've done is get a bunch of the people you boat with and swap out props to see how it affects the boat. I've gone to a 4 blade spinelli to a 3 blade mirage, tried a hydromotive 4 blade.....the list goes on. I've stuck with a 26p 4 blade bravo one. And yes Matt and Julie are the ones to talk to about prop selection and as long as you don't damage the prop if it doesn't work for you send it back and try another. Its not a perfect science thats for sure.
Old 11-02-2007, 03:38 PM
Registered

Where's Clark?
Old 11-02-2007, 04:33 PM
Registered

Cool

Originally Posted by R Addiction
Running asmaller diameter prop will give you more engine RPM not neccesarily top end speed. Once again this has to do with alot of different variables. What I've done is get a bunch of the people you boat with and swap out props to see how it affects the boat. I've gone to a 4 blade spinelli to a 3 blade mirage, tried a hydromotive 4 blade.....the list goes on. I've stuck with a 26p 4 blade bravo one. And yes Matt and Julie are the ones to talk to about prop selection and as long as you don't damage the prop if it doesn't work for you send it back and try another. Its not a perfect science thats for sure.
John,
Funny you should mention the diameter; I did reduce the diameter to gain rpm's, & hopefully pick up mph. It has to be done carefully and only 1/16" max @ a time. Once its gone, you can't put it back and you might just increase your slip and actually lose speed. Matt was careful "tweaking" my Hydros & they are good; not perfect but next year I may get them fine-tuned once more.

Quick Reply: Props for my 25

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.