Happy Active Thunder owner >

Happy Active Thunder owner

Notices

Happy Active Thunder owner

Old 01-19-2002, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Happy Active Thunder owner

I just wanted to take a couple of minutes to share with everyone my boating experiences.
Although I only started Hi-performance boating eight years ago, I have been fortunate enough to be able to buy any boat I want.
I, like most of you have learned of the Dominance of Skaters so to no surprise, my third, forth and fifth boats were Skaters. Skaters are definitely the top of the food chain. At one point I owned three Skaters. Two for pleasure use and " Bodyguard " for racing with the SBI. As you have probably seen, we won the 2001 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS with " BODYGUARD "..
But even with owning all these, there was something missing. A boat my wife and I can spend time on, one she would feel comfortable in and one with good speed and reliability. I didn't think it would be possible to find such a boat.
Then along came ACTIVE THUNDER’S 37 AVH. My wife and I ordered one from PAT and STEVE without even going for a test run. I heard a lot of good things about this small company, so I decided to take a chance. Hell, if I wasn't happy with the boat, I would just sell it and cut my losses.
We got our 37 ACTIVE THUNDER AVH with HP500 EFIs fully loaded with everything including a diesel generator and A/C. Our first outing in the boat was on a major poker run in Virginia and we loved the boat from the start. The quality is superb and the speed is unbelievable. This boat will run 88 MPH in the saltwater and over 86 in freshwater (GPS speeds). Fellow boaters on the run couldn't believe the motors were stock. And the best part is they are under warranty.
Being an offshore racer for two years and the 2001 WORLD CHAMPIONS, I know when a boat is set up right and Active Thunder has their stuff together. This boat flies level in all conditions, how many other manufactures can say that. I have been out in true 4 - 5 footers running over 70 MPH with no tabs (unless the wind is blowing hard)and the drives running parallel. This boat will shock you on how it eats up the rough stuff, flying perfectly level. Even when out for a Sunday cruise, it has NO porpoising problems at any speed -- a problem so many other boat manufacturers struggle with.
ACTIVE THUNDER IS THE " SKATER " OF VEE BOTTOMS... IF YOU WANT THE BEST, LOOK NO FURTHER.
Last note, the after-sale service from these guys couldn't be better. Pat, Steve and their crew are not a company that will sell you the boat then forget about you. They bend over backwards to KEEP you happy.
The only way I will get rid of my ACTIVE THUNDER is to upgrade to one of their new 42's when they are finished.
Thanks ACTIVE THUNDER for making such a superior boat and treating customers as good as you do....
Mark House
37 ACTIVE THUNDER
Old 01-19-2002, 06:26 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally posted by skater:
<STRONG>ACTIVE THUNDER IS THE " SKATER " OF VEE BOTTOMS... IF YOU WANT THE BEST, LOOK NO FURTHER.</STRONG>
Mark-
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! We just purchased a 28' AT last month after researching many different boats and mfg's.
The decision was easy with all the positive feedback from the AT owners, and sealed with visiting the factory and meeting Pat and Steve.
We all know the capabilities and build quality of Skater's boats- I have not read a finer endorsement for AT than your words.
I hope those words are read by as many OSO members as possible!
Jim
Old 01-19-2002, 08:56 PM
ScreaminDemon

WOW...that says a lot!

Old 01-19-2002, 11:56 PM
Registered

Sounds like a testimonial that should be used in advertisements like those of Steve David that Black Thunder uses. Maybe, you could also give test rides for the factory during a big boat shows. Fountain uses Benny Robertson, Black Thunder uses Steve David and several of the other manufacturers use racers to drive prospective clients around in demo boats and talk about how great the product is. When it comes from a professional, who could choose any product out there, it carries a great deal of weight.
Old 01-20-2002, 11:31 AM
ThunderousDaze

Mark - thanks for the compliment. Your new 42 is on the way!

[ 01-20-2002: Message edited by: ThunderousDaze ]

Old 01-20-2002, 12:17 PM
Registered

Troutly, you shopping for a boat already? You are an insatiable man!