27' Party Cat >

27' Party Cat

Notices

27' Party Cat

Old 07-06-2009, 05:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 27' Party Cat

Hey guys, i am in the market for my first powerboat. I am not new to boating by any means, just my first power boat. I want something family oriented, yet fast and fun. I was looking at an Advantage 28' midcabin, then i ran across a 27' party cat. How are these bad boys? this one has a 496HO with a bravo 3 xr duo prop. How will it handle rough stuff, and does anyone have an idea of a top speed? Im liking the idea of this boat the more research i do on it, just wanted some outside info.

thanks!!!
Old 07-06-2009, 01:52 PM
Registered

Default yaw!

i'm looking at buying one too.
I've researched quit a bit. Looks like good boats!
They love chop!
They have Lots of room too. thats why i'm looking at one. something to put the hamme down once in a while and take kids,wife, grandparents out too!

I do know top speed varies, i believe with 496 they were getting around 60

we went from v bottom, to pontoon, now to deck boat. I like going fast once in a while, but my kids/wife liked the room of a pontoon.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Registered

Man u hit the nail on the head. Sounds like we are in the same boat.... no pun intended!! haha!! The one and only thing that has me guessing it is that this boat is definantly seasonal. And heres why..... There is nothing blocking the elements ( cold wind ) from anyone but the driver, and im sure the driver will be freezing balls. I know that any boat i get, it will mostly be used in the summer, but what if i get a wild hair up my ass and wanna go for a cruise? Where im from we have alot of winter things to do on boat and it seems that my badass expensive boat will sit in the shed for the cold months and ill have to jump in woth someone else. Am i making any sense? But other than not having an escape from elements, it looks like a practical application for what we want and need.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cajunrzr
Man u hit the nail on the head. Sounds like we are in the same boat.... no pun intended!! haha!! The one and only thing that has me guessing it is that this boat is definantly seasonal. And heres why..... There is nothing blocking the elements ( cold wind ) from anyone but the driver, and im sure the driver will be freezing balls. I know that any boat i get, it will mostly be used in the summer, but what if i get a wild hair up my ass and wanna go for a cruise? Where im from we have alot of winter things to do on boat and it seems that my badass expensive boat will sit in the shed for the cold months and ill have to jump in woth someone else. Am i making any sense? But other than not having an escape from elements, it looks like a practical application for what we want and need.
It's hard to get everything in one package, but the Party Cat probably covers more territory than anything else when it comes to versatility. They are well built, good looking, real fast when compared to a pontoon or most deck boats, and can carry a crowd. They can be equipped with a bimini from one end to the other and I'm sure if you wanted full enclosures, someone can produce them for inclimate weather. I've had a lot of boats in my 35 or more years of boating and I currently own 4 boats, but I seldom use any of them except the Party Cat. Also, I've had more positive comments and more heads turned on the Party Cat than all the boats I've ever owned combined, and my Party Cat is 11 years old. Can't imagine anyone who wants some performance and still needs to keep their wife happy, not being satisfied with a Party Cat. They hold their value as well as any boat I've seen as well.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I agree, just finished a 28' conquest cat with 900hp for a customer, never drove one until than, thought it was going to be boring to drive, it was fun. The customer says; it runs the same speed with one or a boat full.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cajunrzr
Hey guys, i am in the market for my first powerboat. I am not new to boating by any means, just my first power boat. I want something family oriented, yet fast and fun. I was looking at an Advantage 28' midcabin, then i ran across a 27' party cat. How are these bad boys? this one has a 496HO with a bravo 3 xr duo prop. How will it handle rough stuff, and does anyone have an idea of a top speed? Im liking the idea of this boat the more research i do on it, just wanted some outside info.

thanks!!!

I know some people with the 28 party cats, and 27's. The 27 PC with 1 496HO and B3 should run just over 60. That really is about it for a B3 drive.

Darrell.